Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Why does nothing work with ionic framework?

Hendrik_S_
Beginner

Hi, I am new to the intel XDK and im trying now for days to get XDK in combination with the ionic framework to work.

Whether I take the ionic interface or html5 with ionic as framework or HTML5 + Cordova with ionic as framework, I end up with the same result everytime- nothing. Designing in the UI Designer works but when it comes to javascript code everytime the error occurs: angular is not defined. And everytime ressources (angular.min.js.map )are missing. We are talking here on the packages that are delivered with XDK so why wont they work at all ?! I tried an tutorial for the ionic tabs and yeah the result was an blank white page with nothing on it. Same error as every time. I manually loaded all new files (ionic v1.1.0) but no effect. So please could somebody explain me what I am doing wrong. I really dont know what to do.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

The sample files created with Ionic are different than creating an App Designer app that uses the Ionic Framework.  

If you use App Designer and select Ionic then once you insert an Ionic control into the design, the script "ionic/js/ionic.bundle.js" will be added. The Ionic Bundle includes Angular. It does not need to be bound in separately.

0 Kudos
Rafael_H_
Beginner

That is weird I did an app with Ionic and it worked fine, did you tried on a clean pc? or maybe a VM?

0 Kudos
Hendrik_S_
Beginner

Hi, I am back with good news :)

Its kind of confusing but reinstalling XDK solved the problem. Thanks for your qick answers. Seems to be a great and helpful community here :)

0 Kudos