Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

WiMax support??

dlabun
Beginner
I am trying to develop an embedded computer system equipped with a WiMAX/WiFi Link 5350 card. Is it possible to control the WiMax portion of the card with my own code? I need tocontrol just about every aspect of the WiMax, including carrier activation and switching between WiFi and WiMax. The target OS is Windows Embedded, running a custom shell so using the Intel utilities that come with the card is out of the question. The custom shell is being written in VB .NET.
Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Quoc-Thai_L_Intel
Quoting - dlabun
I am trying to develop an embedded computer system equipped with a WiMAX/WiFi Link 5350 card. Is it possible to control the WiMax portion of the card with my own code? I need tocontrol just about every aspect of the WiMax, including carrier activation and switching between WiFi and WiMax. The target OS is Windows Embedded, running a custom shell so using the Intel utilities that come with the card is out of the question. The custom shell is being written in VB .NET.
Thanks

Unfortunately Intel does not have ISV support or provide an SDK for the Intel WiMAX/WiFi Link 5350 at this time.

-Thai

0 Kudos
dlabun
Beginner

That's a problem....I guess I will have to pick a different vendor for WiMax.
0 Kudos