Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Latest EVE-Online WinXP (SP2) crashes on GM965 / X3100

foobert
Beginner

The latest EVE-Online client (Quantum Rise / 5.20.72263) immediately crashes windows to desktop with bugcheck 0xEA (thread stuck in driver) with the October 2008 / 14.36.4.5002 driver and periodically (unpredictable, but often occurs when switching environments) crashes windows with bugcheck 0xC2 (bad pool caller) (BSOD) with the November 2008 / 14.37.0.5009 driver. The previous version of the EVE client worked ok with 14.36; the new version uses a new version of stackless Python and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the change causing the interop problems.

This is on a first-gen Toshiba Portege M700 tablet (GM965 Rev C0 / X3100) running WinXP SP2 and DX 9.0c. I've upgaded the Toshiba BIOS to the latest October 2008 but it didn't fix these crashes.

For performance reasons, I've been running the desktop and the drivers in 16-bit color mode; 24/32 bit mode feels somewhat more stable, but I'm trying to max the FPS here...

I tried escalating it via the ticket system but couldn't seem to get an Intel devs to look at it (guess they are all WoW players :) I guess I'll do an upgrade to SP3 then reinstall the driver and then check it some more, but I have a feeling I'll have to roll the driver back to the version before 14.36...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nixda
Beginner
Quoting - foobert

The latest EVE-Online client (Quantum Rise / 5.20.72263) immediately crashes windows to desktop with bugcheck 0xEA (thread stuck in driver) with the October 2008 / 14.36.4.5002 driver and periodically (unpredictable, but often occurs when switching environments) crashes windows with bugcheck 0xC2 (bad pool caller) (BSOD) with the November 2008 / 14.37.0.5009 driver. The previous version of the EVE client worked ok with 14.36; the new version uses a new version of stackless Python and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the change causing the interop problems.

This is on a first-gen Toshiba Portege M700 tablet (GM965 Rev C0 / X3100) running WinXP SP2 and DX 9.0c. I've upgaded the Toshiba BIOS to the latest October 2008 but it didn't fix these crashes.

For performance reasons, I've been running the desktop and the drivers in 16-bit color mode; 24/32 bit mode feels somewhat more stable, but I'm trying to max the FPS here...

I tried escalating it via the ticket system but couldn't seem to get an Intel devs to look at it (guess they are all WoW players :) I guess I'll do an upgrade to SP3 then reinstall the driver and then check it some more, but I have a feeling I'll have to roll the driver back to the version before 14.36...

Interesting information... I've crashes with Eve-Online on intel mobile graphis chipset, too. But it's a extreme graphics 2 (82852/82855 GM/GME). Some minutes ago I've opened a bugreport by eve-online.com.

Yesterday I talked with another player with a intel mobile chipset. His windows/eve crashes, too.

Sounds like a serious problem.

(XP SP3 here)

Greetings, Stephan
0 Kudos
foobert
Beginner
Quoting - nixda
Interesting information... I've crashes with Eve-Online on intel mobile graphis chipset, too. But it's a extreme graphics 2 (82852/82855 GM/GME). Some minutes ago I've opened a bugreport by eve-online.com.

Yesterday I talked with another player with a intel mobile chipset. His windows/eve crashes, too.

Sounds like a serious problem.

(XP SP3 here)

Greetings, Stephan

Rolling back to 14.34 results in perfect stability on x3100/GM965; except at some point we'll want to get OpenGL 2/ GLSL back onboard, though...
0 Kudos
delacy__david
Beginner

what driver version is the 14.34 driver?
it should say on the information page in the ui
0 Kudos