Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Non-Intel supported programming language problem

grant-keinzley
Beginner
I am not actually certain this forum is the correct forum for this post but as i am a designer for a 3d virtual world project i figured this is the place to ask.

Background: Ok 3d virtual world project is near completed and is up and running (live) on servers.
We chose to use an obscure programming language for software package content protection.
We want to optimize our siftware to achieve the highest performance form a users machine at the smallest output.

Ok problem lies in that the language we used is not supported by Intel's packages.

So I wanted to bounce this idea around for open discussion....

Proposed idea: We build the threading tool from Intel into a standalone exe to launch at runtime with the virtual world client.

Present system =
3d virtual world client = install package 1
GUI client updater, client launcher, and web menu's = install package 2

Proposed new system =
User clicks install > First - install graphic card optimization program (re Intel) > Second - install virtual world client > Third install GUI.

Then within the GUI launch client script I could make an object call to the graphic card optimization program exe then once initiated then on to launch the virtual world client via its exe.

Will listen to any ideas regarding this proposal.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
delacy__david
Beginner

as long as the calls that are sent to the intel graphics chip are opengl or directx it should work.
the only problem you may have is that if the game is playing in a window (non exclusive) on vista and you make calls to the d3d layer you may see a performance decrese because those calls will be handled with full screen blt or strech blt. (os limitation)
0 Kudos
grant-keinzley
Beginner
Quoting - beerandcandy

as long as the calls that are sent to the intel graphics chip are opengl or directx it should work.
the only problem you may have is that if the game is playing in a window (non exclusive) on vista and you make calls to the d3d layer you may see a performance decrese because those calls will be handled with full screen blt or strech blt. (os limitation)

Thanks I'll give it a try :)

0 Kudos