Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Wildcard App ID

Mark_D_6
Beginner

I'm trying to use a wildcard App ID for the Apple build but I get the following error when I use an App ID like "something.something.*".

Error: The App Id can contain only alphanumeric characters, the period (.), and the underscore (_).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

As far as I know, you can´t use wildcard in App Id. Why you want use this?

0 Kudos
Mark_D_6
Beginner

I have to hand the app off to my client so he can upload it to his account. I thought a wildcard would let us both keep the App ID in our Apple profiles. If that's not the case then maybe my question is more about how to manage an App ID I need to hand off to the client.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

The first part of the wildcard id - xxx.yyy.* (xxx) is generated by Apple - bundle seed ID. 

Are you changing that?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The App ID you specify in the Build Settings on the Project tab cannot include wildcards. The App ID you create for your mobile provisioning file in your Apple Developer account can contain wildcards. You will need to add your client's device identifier (a very long number in the "Devices" section of your apple dev account) to that mobile provisioning file to allow it to be installed on your client's device.

0 Kudos