Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Will an application fro the F200 work on the R200?

Arthur_T_1
Beginner

I am doing this research with the F200 where I create a 2-way video chat and analyze the people's non-verbal behavior (expressions, proxemics, etc.) and give them live feedback. Unfortunately for me, I only have one F200, and now is the time when I need to test the whole setup with two cameras, and as you would expect, Intel is out of stock for the F200.

So I am considering to order a laptop like the Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series Touch, which has a R200 (according to the Dell tech expert I had a chat with). But I think that my application will not work on it as a lot of F200-features are missing on the R200.

I am using face-detection and hand-tracking, as well as facial expressions. Will my thing run on the R200 or is this a waste of money?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Bryan_B_Intel1
Employee

Hi Arthur,

The RSSDK currently supports face tracking with the R200, but not facial expressions or hand tracking. Have you considered ordering a laptop with an integrated F200 camera?

-Bryan

0 Kudos
Arthur_T_1
Beginner

Hi Bryan,

Yes this would definitely be an option, but I don't know of any laptop with the F200, maybe you know one?

The manufacturers who sell laptop with RealSense mostly don't know/care about which one it is and don't mention it...

0 Kudos
Bryan_B_Intel1
Employee

Hi Arthur,

Does this help for starters?: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/realsense-devices.html

-Bryan

0 Kudos
Arthur_T_1
Beginner

That's perfect, thank you Bryan

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

The F200 camera is estimated to be back in stock the Oct. 2015. Thanks for being patient.

0 Kudos