Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Windows 10 support

Dragos_Constantin

Dear Colleaggues,

I am in the process of getting a workstation with a 3120A XEON Phi card. Due to Windows 7 memory limitation support (max 192GB) I am forced to consider Windows 8 or Windows 10. I am inclined to go with Windows 10 but I could not find anything about Windos 10 support for the coprocessor.

So, is XEON Phi supported by windows 10? If not, are there plans to provide drivers for Windows 10 in the near future?

Thanks,

Dragos

0 Kudos
8 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Visual Studio 2015 instability seems to have taken precedence over Windows 10, particularly since priority is given to server OS (due in part to server OS being needed to support test suites).  Although there were hints that there was a goal to support (i.e. test) Win10 in Parallel Studio 2016, that turned out not to be the case, although a majority of the applications "just worked."

0 Kudos
Dragos_Constantin

Yes, it seems XEON Phi cards Have issues in Windows 10.

https://support.lenovo.com/my/ms/documents/ht103984

So, when should we expect Intel will release drivers for this OS?

Thanks,

Dragos

0 Kudos
Frances_R_Intel
Employee

There are plans for Windows 10 but not until first quarter next year. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The app which urges me to choose Windows 10 upgrade claims that I have no applications installed which don't support Windows 10.  Evidently there is something wrong in the reporting of Intel software tools.

0 Kudos
agnes_m_
Beginner

Did the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 on two PC's running Windows 7. Now have issues with both and get error messages. One is "Attempted to write to read only memory", the other pc states "System thread exception not handled (FLTNIGR.SYS)". Does anybody have a suggestion or fix. Already emailed MicroSoft, as of now haven't received any reply or bug fix.  http://www.besanttechnologies.com/training-courses/php-training/php-training-institute-in-chennai | http://www.trainingintambaram.in/salesforce-training-in-chennai.html

0 Kudos
Dragos_Constantin

Hi,

First of all, could a forum admin remove Jivanlal K. from the users list?

Second, I will get the workstation next week and I'll let you know if I get any errors. This is going to be a direct install of Windows 10, not a "free" upgrade. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Dragos

0 Kudos
Frances_R_Intel
Employee

Dragos - I ask the MPSS developers. They told me that they have done some preliminary testing against their latest version without problems. However, this does not mean the current release will work nor that there are not problems if you go deeper.

Agnes - were these problems you saw after you started the MPSS? Can you tell me what you were running at the time you got those errors? I don't know that there is anything I can do to help but it might help others to know.

0 Kudos
Dragos_Constantin

So, I have received the machine and everything looks good. I was able to login into the card and soon I will run a few simple tests.

I think it is safe to say that a fresh install of Windows 10 and the latest version of MPSS (3.5.2) should work just fine.

Thanks,

Dragos

0 Kudos