Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Windows Phone 8.1 Build Fails Serverside

Andrew_F_4
Beginner

Hello,

I've never been able to successfully build my app for Windows Phone. Perhaps someone here can explain this:

package.phone.appxmanifest(20,78): error APPX3207: App manifest references the wide 310×150 logo image ‘images\Wide310x150Logo.scale-240.png’ which is larger than the maximum image file size. It must be no larger than 204,800 bytes. […\noaaRadarViewer\platforms\windows\CordovaApp.Phone.jsproj]
Done Building Project “…\noaaRadarViewer\platforms\windows\CordovaApp.Phone.jsproj” (default targets) — FAILED.

Build FAILED.

The image in question is only 79.3kb in size.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

You probably have associated the wrong image to that dimension. Check the intelxdk.config.windows8.xml file to make sure the 310x150 scale 240 entry is pointing to the image you intend.

Feel free to send me your project over private message if you want me to take a second look.

0 Kudos
Andrew_F_4
Beginner

That would make sense if I hand edited any of the project meta files, which I haven't... So my attempted solution will be as follows:

1. Move project www folder to a safe location
  2. Create a new project
  3. Re-fill all of the project meta fields & images
  4. Select the correct code signing certs
  5. Re-install the required plugins
  6. Re-bild the project for all targets
  7. ???
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Andrew -- try specifying that icon ing the additions.xml file, using this notation:

<icon src="package-assets/windows/Wide310x150Logo.scale-240.png"   width="744" height="360"/>

It's possible the width and height are incorrectly specified in your config file.

0 Kudos