Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Windows Phone scrolling problem (ionic + angular)

Raiden_d_1
Beginner

Hello!

I created an application with ionic + angular. There is no problem with android and ios, but in Windows phone I can't scroll, if I can it is uselessly lagging.

I tried to find solutions with no success:

.config(function ($ionicConfigProvider) {
    $ionicConfigProvider.scrolling.jsScrolling(false);
})

@viewport {
    width: auto;
    height: auto;
}
@-ms-viewport {
    width: auto;
    height: auto;
    zoom-user: fixed;
    max-zoom: 1;
    min-zoom: 1;
}
body {
    font-size: 16px;
    -webkit-touch-callout: none ;
    -webkit-text-size-adjust: none ;
    -ms-text-size-adjust: none ;
    -webkit-user-select: none ;
    -moz-user-select: none ;
    -ms-user-select: none ;
    user-select: none ;
    -webkit-highlight: none ;
    -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0,0,0,0) ;
    -webkit-tap-highlight-color: transparent ;
    -ms-content-zooming: none;
}

I tried this too:

backface-visibility:hidden;
-webkit-backface-visibility:hidden;
overflow: hidden;
-ms-touch-action:none;

I moved source code to Visual Studio and I tried to build it and deployed because in XDK I couldn't start it. What do I do wrong? Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

I don't have much experience with scrolling on windows phone, but I am interested in your second part

I moved source code to Visual Studio and I tried to build it and deployed because in XDK I couldn't start it.

1. Are you experiencing the scrolling issue in Visual Studio as well?
  2. When you say you couldn't start it in the XDK, do you mean you XDK wouldn't start, your app wouldn't start in the debug/simulate tab, or you built the app with the XDK and it wouldn't start when you installed it on your phone?
  3. If you're talking about the app not starting on the phone, does that mean you launch the app, the splash screen appears and then the app crashes and takes you to the home screen or some other behavior?
0 Kudos
Raiden_d_1
Beginner

I used to build apps with Visual Studio (although it's based on jquery mobile not  ionic+angular) and the scrolling was just fine. XDK and its debug mode runs smoothly, but I can test it only on Android and ios platform. I created an app and built it to Windows Phone but after I copied the files to the phone I wasn't able to install it becasuse it returned with an error. It crashed right after the starting screen. I tried to run this app via Windows phone application deployment but it wasn't successful either. That's why I moved the project into Visual Studio because the build and the deploy function was working there, but in this case I'm not able to scroll inside this build.

0 Kudos
Raiden_d_1
Beginner

Anyone have any ideas? :)

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Raiden,

Sorry for the delay. One common cause of crashes when you launch an application is you need to use a compat library, provided by microsoft or this version which works well with the Intel XDK. The cause of this is because Microsoft does not allow DOM manipulation without being wrapped by 

Because you're using angular, I think this might be the cause of your app crashing troubles. No clue on the bad scrolling.

--Jerroyd

0 Kudos