Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Wishlist: a quick overview of (possible) updates of your installed plug-ins

Ad
New Contributor III

Maybe not the right place, but it is already long on my wish list:

a quick overview of (possible) updates of your installed plug-ins, now you have to dig deep into your plug-in to see it....

Or do I have it post is somewhere else?
Thanks,
Ad

0 Kudos
4 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I am not really sure what you are asking for. You can read the release notes to get info on the XDK updates. http://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/articles/release-notes-information-intel-xdk

If you are looking for documentation on the plugins found in in the XDK, there should be a link for each plugin that takes you to the official documentation the plugin.

0 Kudos
Ad
New Contributor III

Sorry for my cryptic English. Lets see if I can make me more clear:

In our current project we have a lot of plug-ins. Like every piece of software, plug-ins do update in time. Now, in the XDK project page, it's hard to see if a new plug-in version is available. You have to dig deep into the version number of the plug-in. It's would be nice if you can see it in the project page directly e.g. 'upated avaliable' indication..

I hope this make more sense to you, if not I will try to draw it ;-)

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I understand now. While that is something that is probably possible, I am not sure that it has a ton of value. Most users find a plugin and version that works with their project and stick with it. Some plugins update and break existing functionality :( Not all plugins are compatible with all versions of CLI. If we threw up an message saying that 'hey there is a update available for your plugin' and the user updated and things didnt go as intended, we would get all kinds of messages asking why we told the users there was an update available. 

This is one of those things where the user has to do some research to figure out if they want to update or not. Some users will want to, while others will want to stick with what works.

0 Kudos
Ad
New Contributor III

Thanks for your prompt response, make sense what you are saying.

We will check on regular basis the plug-ins manually, thanks!

0 Kudos