Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK 2611 Project Update + new build -Framework7

Mitchell_Franklin
New Contributor I

Hi Everyone,

I have just updated to V2611 and updated my project to the current version - unfortunately when this occurred the framwork7 functions you see in the designer i.e. modal no longer appear on the side. So i though no issue I can re-create the project as I’m not that far along.

Once I started from fresh the modal etc. appeared on the side of the designer like before but now the functions do not work in the emulator. the debug states "Uncaught ReferenceError: myApp is not defined " which is used to call the modal for framework7.

Edit: Items like popover, login, picker etc. are able to be dropped in via the designer but does not take - i.e. does not update the code in index.html

So just to double check I re-entered the code manually into the index_user_script.js file to see if the inteli sense found it which it did.

Has there been a fundamental change in Intel that no longer works with framework 7 or am i missing something very simple?

Thanks in advance

Mitch

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'll forward to the attention of the responsible engineer.

0 Kudos
Brian_W_Intel
Employee

Hey Mitchell,

After poking around it seems you found a bug. At the bottom of your .html page you'll see a link to framework7/js/my-app.js, but you'll notice inside your framework7 folder that the my-app.js file is simply inside framework7/my-app.js. So you can either move my-app.js into the /js folder, or just change framework7/js/my-app.js to framework7/my-app.js in the script tag.

Brian

0 Kudos
Mitchell_Franklin
New Contributor I

Hi Brian,

Perfect that resolves the error for executing the modal :).

I have gone through all the process for framework7 in intel and have found multiple issues (below) but at least this will help me develop :)

• Control properties for style/fill do not work i.e. change text/fill color
    • Workaround is to create a custom style and add the !important tag to it.
  • Adding in overlay i.e. popover, action sheet etc does not add to project
    • No workable workaround as of yet
  • After upgrade of project from previous xdk versions the designer does not show the overlay controls on the side of the designer
    • No workable workaround as of yet

Thanks again

Mitch

0 Kudos
Mitchell_Franklin
New Contributor I

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

I'll forward to the attention of the responsible engineer.

Hi Paul,

was wondering if you have had any response from the engineer team?

Thanks

Mitch

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The response from Brian was a response from the engineer. Unfortunately, his title didn't include (Intel) in it, but that was him. I also suggested he look at your follow-up. He was not here today, but he has made a fix in the code regarding the bug you found. I think it will end up in the December release, too late for the upcoming November release.

0 Kudos
Mitchell_Franklin
New Contributor I

Thanks Paul, as always greatly appreciated

Mitch

0 Kudos
Mitchell_Franklin
New Contributor I

Hi Paul,

Just checked out the the new intel XDK version to see if the fixes for Framework 7 have been applied and from what I can see they still have not been.

Is it possible for you to check and let me know how this is going?

Thanks

Mitch

0 Kudos
Brian_W_Intel
Employee

Hey Mitch,

I just created a new HTML5 FW7 project in App Designer and didn't run into any of the issues you mentioned. I assume you're running into these issues on an existing project? If you create a new FW7 project, do you still run into these issues?

Thanks,
Brian

0 Kudos
Mitchell_Franklin
New Contributor I

Hi Brian,

Sorry I should of been more specifc on the issue I can still see which relates to the color controls - in the image you provided it shows using the Intel Control version however the part I am talking about is the framework 7 control board that used to be able to do this (hope that makes sense)

Below is a link to show you what I am talking about :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8plfjpjx8v1pmxj/frame7.mp4?dl=0

ta

Mitch

0 Kudos
Brian_W_Intel
Employee

Mitch,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We added the Android Material theme and the css changed along with it, thus causing the bug. We'll look into this.

Thanks,
Brian

0 Kudos