Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK 3240 Error: Unable to upload the project files

Jacob_C_
Novice

Hi !

Have been thru a loop of trial and error's building my app with and without crosswalk to investigate som Out of Memory errors on my app.

Now I keep getting 'Unable to upload the project files'. Have been using version 3240 of XDK since it's release a few weeks ago. And it's been building without any problem until today.

I've tried all I can think about, but still same error everytime i press 'Start Build'

Cheers  -  Jacob

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jacob_C_
Novice

Looking at the file : c:\Users\jax\AppData\Local\XDK\xdk.log

directed me to the error, had the line below in : intelxdk.config.additions.xml

<!--intelxdk:crosswalk xwalk-command-line="--disable-accelerated-2d-canvas"  /-->

which the upload process didn't like, i suspect it has to do with the double dashes in the commented out cmdline option.

Removing the dashes and adding some spaces before and after the comment-tags resolved the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Jacob_C_
Novice

Looking at the file : c:\Users\jax\AppData\Local\XDK\xdk.log

directed me to the error, had the line below in : intelxdk.config.additions.xml

<!--intelxdk:crosswalk xwalk-command-line="--disable-accelerated-2d-canvas"  /-->

which the upload process didn't like, i suspect it has to do with the double dashes in the commented out cmdline option.

Removing the dashes and adding some spaces before and after the comment-tags resolved the problem.

0 Kudos
ghani_g_
Beginner
@Jacob C. I did not find this file
0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

@Ghani - the additions file is in your project directory - in each project directory - for all your projects.

0 Kudos
ghani_g_
Beginner
@Pamela H. (Intel) I will attach you file 
0 Kudos
ghani_g_
Beginner

@Pamela H. (Intel) This my xml file. what can i do ?

0 Kudos
Jacob_C_
Novice

ghani g. wrote:

c:\Users\jax\AppData\Local\XDK\xdk.log is the file on my system, that xdk software logs to. This file will be in another place on your system. Dependant on your OS platform, Username etc.

I suggest you search your local disk for any files named xdk.log to find the correct location. Once you investigate the file, you'll be able to see exactly why the upload process doesn't work for you. There is clearly an minor bug in the way XDK parses comments, but I could say if there are other bugs than the one I've already identified.

Cheers  -  Jacob

0 Kudos
ghani_g_
Beginner
Jacob C. wrote:

Quote:

ghani g. wrote:

c:\Users\jax\AppData\Local\XDK\xdk.log is the file on my system, that xdk software logs to. This file will be in another place on your system. Dependant on your OS platform, Username etc.

I suggest you search your local disk for any files named xdk.log to find the correct location. Once you investigate the file, you'll be able to see exactly why the upload process doesn't work for you. There is clearly an minor bug in the way XDK parses comments, but I could say if there are other bugs than the one I've already identified.

Cheers  -  Jacob

you're right i found the file in another location, so what's another ways to identify the bug?
0 Kudos
ghani_g_
Beginner

I can not determine where's the  bugs, every time "unable to upload  the project files"

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@ghanti, there were couple of issues related to not being able to upload the files while building the app. Those issues have been resolved in the new release 3357 that came out today. Please upgrade your XDK. 

The error Jacob mentioned is a syntax error in additions.xml file, for that you will be prompted with a red warning triangle next to the upload error. 

0 Kudos
ghani_g_
Beginner

@SWATI S. (Intel) The same here, i uploaded the last version of XDK (3357) also uploaded failed:

0 Kudos
ghani_g_
Beginner

Error from:

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@ghani, the build error you are seeing is because you have a non-ASCII character in one or more of your assets filename. Please check your assets filename and make sure they are ASCII characters only. For the upload error I don't see the error on the build page. After you correct the filenames error, try to build again. If the upload still, fails please capture the screen with the upload error and send it to me. Also, how big is your entire project? 

0 Kudos
ghani_g_
Beginner
@SWATI S. (Intel) i see just some sounds file sart with ascii , File size: 25 filename must be blank from ASCII characters?
0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Ghani - the asset file names must be ascii characters only. Use English letters. Don't use any characters with accent marks.

0 Kudos
Alexandre_R_
Beginner

ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : Unexpected component failure during service call (maybe crash): Cannot stat file package-assets/Cópia de android-icon-96x96.png: ERROR: File not found: /Users/alexandrerocha/Desktop/xdk/CondoSocio/package-assets/Cópia de android-icon-96x96.png Error at ServiceError.ComponentError (/Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/core-modules/public/component-error.js:17:1122) at new ServiceError (/Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/core-modules/public/service-error.js:17:317) at /Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/components/server/userfs/implementations/localfs/localfs.js:17:5906 at /Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/node_modules/npm/node_modules/graceful-fs/polyfills.js:276:29 at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:114:15) Error at new ComponentError (/Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/core-modules/public/component-error.js:17:1122) at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:73:7) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)

Como resolver esre ERROR?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Regarding your attached detailed build log:

Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“CondoSocioXDK”) has an AppID of “4ARBJ7Q2Dcondosocio” which does not match your bundle identifier “xdk.intel.cordova.template.lite.condosocio”.

You have a bad provisioning or iOS build certificate. I recommend you create a new set. The likely problem is that your build certificate is referencing the wrong App ID, as indicated in the error message.

Regarding this error message, see the highlighted text:

Alexandre R. wrote:

ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : Unexpected component failure during service call (maybe crash): Cannot stat file package-assets/Cópia de android-icon-96x96.png: ERROR: File not found: /Users/alexandrerocha/Desktop/xdk/CondoSocio/package-assets/Cópia de android-icon-96x96.png Error at ServiceError.ComponentError (/Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/core-modules/public/component-error.js:17:1122) at new ServiceError (/Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/core-modules/public/service-error.js:17:317) at /Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/components/server/userfs/implementations/localfs/localfs.js:17:5906 at /Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/node_modules/npm/node_modules/graceful-fs/polyfills.js:276:29 at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:114:15) Error at new ComponentError (/Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/core-modules/public/component-error.js:17:1122) at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:73:7) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)

The XDK is having trouble locating your icons and/or splash screens. It is probably due to one of the following:

• the file does not exist (as the error says), or
  • the '' character in the name of the PNG file, or
  • the space characters in the filename

BTW - we are discontinuing the build system. I recommend you upgrade to 3922 and start using PhoneGap Build. See the release notes and this doc page for additional help.

0 Kudos