Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK Framework updates

Adebayo_A_
Beginner

Good evening everyone.

I was trying to use ionic on the app designer today and I noticed that it was giving a material design look and feel as said on their website. I decided to check the version of ionic that shipped with the xdk and i found out that it is an older version. I also checked the jquery version and it was alo a much older version.

I have replaced the folder with a new the latest versions of the respective files, but I hope the next version of the xdk will ship with the latest frameworks.

PS: I dont know how to get this message across to the people working on the xdk that is why I have decided to post it here.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

I'll look into updating the Ionic Framework. I think they are at 1.2 now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

I'll look into updating the Ionic Framework. I think they are at 1.2 now.

0 Kudos
Adebayo_A_
Beginner

Thank you very much @CHRIS. Please also try to look into the jquery plugins and any other ones that needs updating. I introduced the XDK to a few friends and they liked it much but they are also complaining about the updated plugins. And do you know if I can use another css/js framework like matterializecss http://materializecss.com in conjunction with any of the pre-built frameworks? It will be cool to have App Framework support material design though.

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Framework 7 has material design support and App Designer is supporting that now. (Though I haven't used it much myself)

At the moment we are trying not to add a bunch more new frameworks (like materializecss.com).  Though, if enough users ask for it, we would.

0 Kudos