Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK doesn't start, in Windows 7 Pro

FABRIZIO_V_
Beginner

Hello, I am an Italian computer science professor and I want to teach how to develop apps using INTEL XDK to my students but I have a problem with XDK on my computer with Windows 7 professional, well updated.  Some time ago I installed Intel XDK version 3641 and after some time I uninstalled it.  A few days ago I re-installed the 3759 version; the installation finished well, but after the activation, the XDK program does not start.

I can see that  there are 3 active 'nw.exe' processes running (and growing gradually slightly their consumption of RAM) that are executed by the CPU without generating any output on video. Pratically the user interface never starts. If I click on Intel XDK, again  three other 'nw.exe' processes start more than the previous three, and naturally nothing happened.  Probably there is a conflict  or some software is missing ...    The same file of XDK, in 3759 version,  installed on windows 10  in a small notebook  works perfectly. After hours and hours of  investigation I need  your help.  Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shahab_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Fabrizio,

I'm sorry for the problems you're having. I'll check regarding Intel XDK support for Windows 7. In the meantime, I'm assuming you've done this, but asking just in case: Have you tried killing all the nw processes and then starting the Intel XDK?

If there's a problem with version 3759 on Windows 7, we can provide the installer for 3641 till we have a fix for the issue.

0 Kudos
Shahab_L_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos