Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XDK error build WP

Ernani_Torquato

Hi, I need help, I'm trying to compile a project in the XDK 3400 for windows phone with CLI 5.4.1, but the project shows the error as the log.

I have attached the log file.

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There are several error messages in the log that indicate that your pathnames are too long. I don't know specifically which files in your app are causing this problem, but it would be those files that are under the www directory in your project folder. Might be the names and locations of your icons and splash screen files?

An example error which points this out:

...\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2515,5): error MSB4018: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. [...\appMobile\platforms\windows\CordovaApp.Phone.jsproj]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There are several error messages in the log that indicate that your pathnames are too long. I don't know specifically which files in your app are causing this problem, but it would be those files that are under the www directory in your project folder. Might be the names and locations of your icons and splash screen files?

An example error which points this out:

...\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2515,5): error MSB4018: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. [...\appMobile\platforms\windows\CordovaApp.Phone.jsproj]

0 Kudos
Ernani_Torquato

Very good, I had selected different paths and not realized. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Pablo_A_
Beginner

Friend , I have no problem to generate the App , but to publish it in the Microsoft store, you can help me , I've tried everything , read the documentation , but I can not publish the app .

0 Kudos