Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

XEON Phi Starter Kit

Dragos_Constantin

Hi,

My understanding is that the Starter Kit comes bundeled with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 for Linux (comercial). I have a few questions regarding the license.

1. Can I upgrade to the latest version of Parallel Studio XE with that license?

2. What happens after the license expires after one year? Can I still use the compilers but loose only the support and the ability to upgrade to the latest products?

3. Do I need a separate license for Windows on the same machine (dual boot workstation)? It is clear I will use only one instance at a time...

Thank you for your help.

Dragos

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Devorah_H_Intel

These licenses are actually noncom. If the license was expired you won't be able to upgrade. You will need to purchase a new license. You should be able to continue to use your old license for PSXE 2013, but without support and upgrades. If your software package is for Linux, it will not work for Windows, another software package for Windows and corresponding new license need to be purchased.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

These licenses are actually noncom. If the license was expired you won't be able to upgrade. You will need to purchase a new license. You should be able to continue to use your old license for PSXE 2013, but without support and upgrades. If your software package is for Linux, it will not work for Windows, another software package for Windows and corresponding new license need to be purchased.

0 Kudos
Dragos_Constantin

Thank you Devorah. What is a 'noncom' license? So, if I will purchase the kit today the psxe 2013 license is valid for one year. Hence I can upgrade to psxe 2016. Right?

Dragos

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Please contact the reseller who provides such kits. 1 year support is included, I am not sure about upgrades to 2016. It depends on license type.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

To follow up on my previous note:

Upgrades are not included (since these starter kits are free), but depending on the reseller, some kits come with 2016 Intel Development Software packages. Reseller would be able to answer your questions more precisely. 

0 Kudos
Dragos_Constantin

Thank you Devorah. Everything is clear now.

Dragos

0 Kudos