Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MATRIX_R_
Beginner
160 Views

apk build failed using cordova-plugin-googleplayservices plugin

Hi,

i got apk build failed using this plugin 

here is the full log https://ufile.io/7gj8u

any hints please ? thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
160 Views

That plugin is meant to be used as a dependency by some other plugin (and it is quite old, as well).

Which plugin caused that plugin to be added to your project? If you look at the plugin manager it will show which are dependencies and which are independent plugins, and which independent plugins the dependencies belong to. If it is not a dependent of any of your plugins, I recommend removing it.

My suspicion is this plugin > https://github.com/QuantumRand/airpush-cordova-sdk/blob/master/plugin.xml#L15 < is causing the problem. If you check the link you'll see that it is bringing in the google play services via Maven, which is probably conflicting with the older cordova-plugin-googleplayservices in your plugin list. It appears to be getting pulled in by > https://github.com/QuantumRand/cordova-airpush-plugin/blob/master/plugin.xml <

If you search for references to "gms-play-services-ads" in your detailed build log you'll see that this is the last bit that was being operated on before the build failed. I think you have a conflict and simply need to remove that old play services plugin from your project. If the old one is a dependent plugin of another plugin, then you have a conflict that can only be resolved by removing one of the two plugins or finding two that will "play nice" together.

Also, this plugin is suspect > https://github.com/katzer/cordova-plugin-local-notifications < since it was very recently updated (only a few days ago).

MATRIX_R_
Beginner
160 Views

yes it's related to airpush plugin ?

and i need it

so what i have to do now ? updating the cordova google service plugin ?

MATRIX_R_
Beginner
160 Views

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

That plugin is meant to be used as a dependency by some other plugin (and it is quite old, as well).

Which plugin caused that plugin to be added to your project? If you look at the plugin manager it will show which are dependencies and which are independent plugins, and which independent plugins the dependencies belong to. If it is not a dependent of any of your plugins, I recommend removing it.

My suspicion is this plugin > https://github.com/QuantumRand/airpush-cordova-sdk/blob/master/plugin.xm... < is causing the problem. If you check the link you'll see that it is bringing in the google play services via Maven, which is probably conflicting with the older cordova-plugin-googleplayservices in your plugin list. It appears to be getting pulled in by > https://github.com/QuantumRand/cordova-airpush-plugin/blob/master/plugin... <

If you search for references to "gms-play-services-ads" in your detailed build log you'll see that this is the last bit that was being operated on before the build failed. I think you have a conflict and simply need to remove that old play services plugin from your project. If the old one is a dependent plugin of another plugin, then you have a conflict that can only be resolved by removing one of the two plugins or finding two that will "play nice" together.

Also, this plugin is suspect > https://github.com/katzer/cordova-plugin-local-notifications < since it was very recently updated (only a few days ago).

and the airpush plugin need th google-play-service plugin so thats why i add it

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
160 Views

MATRIX R. wrote:

Quote:

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:
My suspicion is this plugin > https://github.com/QuantumRand/airpush-cordova-sdk/blob/master/plugin.xm... < is causing the problem. If you check the link you'll see that it is bringing in the google play services via Maven, which is probably conflicting with the older cordova-plugin-googleplayservices in your plugin list. It appears to be getting pulled in by > https://github.com/QuantumRand/cordova-airpush-plugin/blob/master/plugin... <

and the airpush plugin need th google-play-service plugin so thats why i add it

As I indicated in my reply, "check the link you'll see that it is bringing in the google play services via Maven" -- which means you do not need that old google play services plugin, the library files your airpush plugin needs are being pulled in by the airpush plugin, using the preferred method (Maven). Your app should function correctly without the google services plugin, which, according to your original post, will resolve the build problem.

Have you tried running your app without the google play services plugin to see if it works properly?

MATRIX_R_
Beginner
160 Views

the build is ok but the airpush ads wont work

may i do something wrong with js calls

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
160 Views

MATRIX_R_
Beginner
160 Views

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Try using this technique > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/using-remote-chrome-devtools-t... < to debug the issue.

thanks a lot i will update you about that

other questions : is the androidmanifest.xml and intelxdk.config.additions.xml deprecated ?

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
160 Views

MATRIX R. wrote:

other questions : is the androidmanifest.xml and intelxdk.config.additions.xml deprecated ?

AndroidManifest.xml is not something that is part of the Intel XDK (or Cordova), it is specific to Android and Android projects. You may see references to it in some plugin documentation because the plugin author requires that something be modified or added to the Android project that is buried inside a complete Cordova CLI project. In practice, those plugin developers should really be devising a script in their plugin to make those changes. Regardless, this file is an Android project file, and has never been something that the XDK builds or maintains, the Cordova CLI subsystem creates that file automatically when it builds the template Android project that is used to build your Cordova app for Android.

The intelxdk.config.additions.xml file will still work, however, when using the Cordova Package Build tool there are some restrictions. The {+|-} features that allow you to override an option in the XDK build config files will not work with the Cordova Package Build export tool. It will work with the xdk-to-cli build export tool > https://www.npmjs.com/package/xdk-to-cli <

MATRIX_R_
Beginner
160 Views

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Quote:

MATRIX R. wrote:

 

other questions : is the androidmanifest.xml and intelxdk.config.additions.xml deprecated ?

 

 

AndroidManifest.xml is not something that is part of the Intel XDK (or Cordova), it is specific to Android and Android projects. You may see references to it in some plugin documentation because the plugin author requires that something be modified or added to the Android project that is buried inside a complete Cordova CLI project. In practice, those plugin developers should really be devising a script in their plugin to make those changes. Regardless, this file is an Android project file, and has never been something that the XDK builds or maintains, the Cordova CLI subsystem creates that file automatically when it builds the template Android project that is used to build your Cordova app for Android.

The intelxdk.config.additions.xml file will still work, however, when using the Cordova Package Build tool there are some restrictions. The {+|-} features that allow you to override an option in the XDK build config files will not work with the Cordova Package Build export tool. It will work with the xdk-to-cli build export tool > https://www.npmjs.com/package/xdk-to-cli <

thanks a lot for a such complete and professional reply :D

i was enable to use the set time out preference for splash screen puting it and the intelconfig addition xml

and do i need to put that file inside or outside the www folder ?

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
160 Views

The intelxdk.config.additions.xml file still goes where it always had, in the root of your project. The lines in that file are combined with the XDK project settings to make a config.xml for your Cordova project. If you stop using the XDK you should just modify your project's config.xml file directly. If you continue to use the XDK to manage your project, you can continue to use the additions file to add unique config.xml settings to the config.xml that is exported using the "cordova build package" tool on the Build tab.

Hope that makes sense.

MATRIX_R_
Beginner
160 Views

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

The intelxdk.config.additions.xml file still goes where it always had, in the root of your project. The lines in that file are combined with the XDK project settings to make a config.xml for your Cordova project. If you stop using the XDK you should just modify your project's config.xml file directly. If you continue to use the XDK to manage your project, you can continue to use the additions file to add unique config.xml settings to the config.xml that is exported using the "cordova build package" tool on the Build tab.

Hope that makes sense.

i did some tests but it fail

however the airpush plugin is clearly using google-play-service as we can see it in the xml <framework src="com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:+" />

https://github.com/QuantumRand/airpush-cordova-sdk/blob/master/plugin.xml

so i have to install it right ? but wich one ?

 

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
160 Views

If you include the airpush-cordova-sdk plugin it will automatically include the google play services library it needs. So you should not be including the google-play-service plugin. When airpush includes the google play service library, it simply adds the library to the build project, but it will not show up as a dependent plugin.

I'm not sure if I answered your question, please let me know if you still have questions.

MATRIX_R_
Beginner
160 Views

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

If you include the airpush-cordova-sdk plugin it will automatically include the google play services library it needs. So you should not be including the google-play-service plugin. When airpush includes the google play service library, it simply adds the library to the build project, but it will not show up as a dependent plugin.

I'm not sure if I answered your question, please let me know if you still have questions.

yes i already add the airpush plugin

so it's normal that there is no reference of the google-play in the plugin tabs of intel xdk like the pircture attached ?

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
160 Views

Yes, that looks correct. If you check the plugin.xml file of cordova-airpush-plugin > https://github.com/QuantumRand/cordova-airpush-plugin/blob/master/plugin.xml#L22 < it is adding airpush-cordova-sdk, which is adding the play services library (via its plugin.xml file) > https://github.com/QuantumRand/airpush-cordova-sdk/blob/master/plugin.xml#L18 < as a Maven library, not as a plugin. So you should see "airpush-cordova-sdk" as a dependency of "cordova-airpush-plugin" which should show the relationship when you expand either one of them.

Reply