Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

app force close ( android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException )

Aditya_F_
Beginner

I create new android app few month ago, and today when I test in lenovo yoga tablet 2 android tablet it force close. its not open at all.

here is error report:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity
ComponentInfo{com.infomindmigma.com.mindmigma/com.infomindmigma.com.mindmigma.Mindmigma2014}:
android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x7f020002
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2279)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2329)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:159)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1268)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:149)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5283)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:825)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:641)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x7f020002
at android.content.res.Resources.getValue(Resources.java:1478)
at android.content.res.Resources.getDrawable(Resources.java:860)
at android.view.View.setBackgroundResource(View.java:15508)
at org.apache.cordova.CordovaActivity$5.run(CordovaActivity.java:1070)
at android.app.Activity.runOnUiThread(Activity.java:4752)
at org.apache.cordova.CordovaActivity.showSplashScreen(CordovaActivity.java:1093)
at org.apache.cordova.CordovaActivity.loadUrl(CordovaActivity.java:370)
at com.infomindmigma.com.mindmigma.Mindmigma2014.onCreate(Mindmigma2014.java:33)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5270)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1087)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2243)
... 11 more

How I can fix this ?

Thank you..

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Did you build using Crosswalk? If so, did you choose the right architecture to install on your Yoga 2? The Yoga 2 tablet uses an Intel x86 processor. Your Samsung S4 uses an ARM processor. So you have to load the x86 Crosswalk image onto the Yoga 2 tablet, and the ARM image onto the Samsung S4. See this doc page for more details: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/submitting-multiple-crosswalk-apk-to-google-play-store

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Marten_S_
Beginner

Hello, Im experencing the same type of problem and get the same error messages. Anyone have any idea of a solution?

Sincerely

Marten

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

This could be due to some programming logic which is trying to extract a resource that is not available. For example if you pass an integer to a location where string is expected, it will try to look for the corresponding string resource id - which it can't find.

If your app was working fine before, this could happen due to a different language in the phone for which your code doesn't have the asset for. Make sure your Lenova Yoga Tablet doesn't have some other language selected. 

0 Kudos
Aditya_F_
Beginner

Thank you for your answer, I've try that but it doesn't help.

I can use the app normally with my samsung s4 phone. I also can use other different language on that phone too, but its not working on my lenovo yoga tablet.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Did you build using Crosswalk? If so, did you choose the right architecture to install on your Yoga 2? The Yoga 2 tablet uses an Intel x86 processor. Your Samsung S4 uses an ARM processor. So you have to load the x86 Crosswalk image onto the Yoga 2 tablet, and the ARM image onto the Samsung S4. See this doc page for more details: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/submitting-multiple-crosswalk-apk-to-google-play-store

0 Kudos
Aditya_F_
Beginner

Thank you.. it works with crosswalk buid.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

I am having the same issue even though the app worked on the emulator. I am about to use Crosswalk build.

0 Kudos
Nadeem_N_
New Contributor I

Kindly uncheck full screen if it is checked n if its still doesnt work try n delete plugin folders n xml files n rebuild the app i hope it will help 

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

The problem still persists.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

Solution: Delete the plugins folder and re-build the app.

0 Kudos