Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

cordova-plugin-local-notifications fails to build in CLI 5.1.1

Michael_K_13
Beginner

Subject pretty much says it all ... works fine in an app I have with CLI 4.1.2, fails every time building in 5.1.1.  Doesn't matter if I actually use the plugin or not in my code.  Also, whitelist changes (up to and including complete removal) have no impact.

I'm attaching the log - relevant part seems to be this:

:compileReleaseJava.../WYMLRadioLive/platforms/android/src/de/appplant/cordova/plugin/localnotification/LocalNotification.java:495: error: cannot find symbol
                    webView.evaluateJavascript(js, null);
                           ^
  symbol:   method evaluateJavascript(String,<null>)
.../WYMLRadioLive/platforms/android/src/de/appplant/cordova/plugin/localnotification/LocalNotification.java:492: error: cannot find symbol
        webView.post(new Runnable(){
               ^
  symbol:   method post(<anonymous Runnable>)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

The plugins depend on the author to make fixes/updates as necessary. It appears that this local notification (for android) is not yet compatible with 5.1.1. It does work with iOS.

You will need to stick to 4.1.2 to build for android until the author makes the necessary updates, or find another plugin that is 5.1.1 compatible.

0 Kudos
Michael_K_13
Beginner

Understood - thanks John. I thought perhaps since it was a 'featured' plugin in the software you guys might have some hooks in to getting it working, or pushing the devs buttons :)

Appreciate the response as always!

/mdk

Michael D. Kastler

43Folders Technology Solutions

0 Kudos