Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

execute vTune error in symmetric mode

ye_f_1
Beginner

I want to use VTune to analyze a program on phi and CPU in symmetric mode .But when I run the following command and get error information.

wj@mcc21:~/mic_test$ mpirun -host mcc21 -n 1 ./cpu : -host mic0 -n 1 amplxe-cl  -c advanced-hotspots /home/wj/graph/mic
/home/wj/bin/amplxe-cl: /home/wj/bin/amplxe-cl: cannot execute binary file
   I have already scp amplexe-cl to phi.What's wrong? By the way,How to use VTune to detect TLB miss and Cache miss in symmetric mode.Could you please give the specific command?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dmitry_P_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

For this case you can use the following syntax:

wj@mcc21:~/mic_test$ mpirun -host mcc21 -n 1 amplxe-cl -target-system=mic-host-launch -c advanced-hotspots ./cpu : -host mic0 /home/wj/graph/mic

VTune does not have full fledged command line on KNC card. In the indirect case with running the rank process through pmi_proxy we need to trigger the collection from the host. So in the notation above the collection on MIC will be triggered and stopped by rank on host that should be OK in MPI case.

For collecting TLB and Cache misses I would recommend to use VTune General Exploration analysis:

wj@mcc21:~/mic_test$ mpirun -host mcc21 -n 1 amplxe-cl -target-system=mic-host-launch -c general-exploration -knob enable-tlb-metrics=true ./cpu : -host mic0 /home/wj/graph/mic

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry

0 Kudos
ye_f_1
Beginner

dmitry-prohorov (Intel) wrote:

Hello,

For this case you can use the following syntax:

wj@mcc21:~/mic_test$ mpirun -host mcc21 -n 1 amplxe-cl -target-system=mic-host-launch -c advanced-hotspots ./cpu : -host mic0 /home/wj/graph/mic

VTune does not have full fledged command line on KNC card. In the indirect case with running the rank process through pmi_proxy we need to trigger the collection from the host. So in the notation above the collection on MIC will be triggered and stopped by rank on host that should be OK in MPI case.

For collecting TLB and Cache misses I would recommend to use VTune General Exploration analysis:

wj@mcc21:~/mic_test$ mpirun -host mcc21 -n 1 amplxe-cl -target-system=mic-host-launch -c general-exploration -knob enable-tlb-metrics=true ./cpu : -host mic0 /home/wj/graph/mic

Thanks & Regards, Dmitry

Hi Dmitry
  Thank you very much. I use following command and get the TLB miss ratio . By the way, dose this value represent the accurate TLB miss ratio on Phi?
  mpirun -host mcc21 -n 1 amplxe-cl -target-system=mic-host-launch -c general-exploration -knob enable-tlb-metrics=true ./cpu : -host mic0 /home/wj/graph/mic

0 Kudos