Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

face expressions is always null in javascript application

Kim_D_
Novice

When testing the javascript API I noticed that the face expressions object is always null. I have "configs.expressionProperties.isEnabled" set to true.

I noticed that the face_tracking.html example also does not give any expression information when turned on. Landmarks, pose, detection work well.

I have tested both the face_tracking and face_tracking.cs example applications on my setup and there I do get the expression data.

Did I forget to activate something else? Or is it simply not implemented in the javascript API? It would be just a matter of forwarding the data no?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DMaio
Beginner

It looks like it is a missing feature. I still didn't find a way to enable this.
I've already posted a similar question : https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/537168

0 Kudos
Kim_D_
Novice

I see. That's a bit annoying.

Whether it's a bug or a currently missing feature, I think it should be quite easy for Intel to add/fix as I think the webserver is just an application getting this data and forwarding it over websockets. Please correct me if this is not the case.

Could of course write a second web server that does this for the expression data as is already suggested in the thread you link. Just a bit annoying as it feels like 'lost' work/time.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Arthur_T_1
Beginner

Hi

Was any of you successful with this in the end?

0 Kudos