Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

facebookConnectPlugin does not work when the FB app is installed on the device

Kancho_K_
Beginner

Hi guys,

I am facing the following problem with using the facebookConnectPlugin in my mobile app: everything is working fine with the plugin if the native FB app is installed on the device. We tested it out on several devices and the behaviour is the same. If the the FB app is installed the plugin fails, when we uninstall the FB app the plugin starts working as expected. Has anybody faced such an issue so far?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Wishes,

Kancho

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Not heard of this failure, I suggest you check the FB plugin repo for issues or Stack Overflow. Since it is a standard Cordova plugin, others using it with Cordova or PhoneGap may have experienced the same issue.

0 Kudos
Fab_V_
New Contributor I

I had a problem with the facebookconnect plugin which was a hask key problem.

To make my app work with facebook with a correct hash key, i had to uncheck signed app (android) and to sign/align the app

on my own with another generated keystore than the intel's one. now this is what i do to make it work.

0 Kudos
Kancho_K_
Beginner

Thanks for your comments, guys! Ven, you are right...I was searching for some more info in google and found that this is the way how other people had solved the issue. I unsigned the built package and then signed it manually on my local machine, then generated the hash key and applied it on the mobile app portal of FB and seems it is working fine now on my Galaxy. I will test it out on some more devices tomorrow to see if it is working there as well.

Thank you once again!

Best Wishes,

Kancho

0 Kudos