Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

free backend

carmine_n_
Beginner

is there a free backend for user authentication and photo storage that i can use to test my app?

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

In regards to free backend services for authentication and storage, you can use Firebase, Parse, or even Google Cloud platform. You can also find other web services to the previously mentioned here.

Note: All of these web services are free up to a certain usage. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

In regards to free backend services for authentication and storage, you can use Firebase, Parse, or even Google Cloud platform. You can also find other web services to the previously mentioned here.

Note: All of these web services are free up to a certain usage. 

0 Kudos
carmine_n_
Beginner

i am getting there, but now i get 'Firebase is not defined' in my index_user_scripts.js

where and how does that get defined?

thanks again.

0 Kudos
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

Are you experiencing this issue on a device or in the emulator? If you are experiencing this on a device, I recommend that you add any domain names that your applications will be communicating with to the whitelist field on the Projects panel > Build Settings > <desired_mobile_platform>. For more information on Intel XDK whitelist, visit https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/using-cordova-whitelist-rules-with-intel-xdk.

I also recommend reviewing Firebase Support page.

0 Kudos