Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

graphics cards for laptops

el_miguel
Beginner
basically i bought my laptop in august and ive never had a problem with it
until the other day i bought GTA4
had some problems with it as it wouldnt load due to the graphics card
so i went to pc world they said that there is a new intel graphics card coming out soon is this true and if so when is it coming out?
much thanks
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
Quoting - el_miguel
so i went to pc world they said that there is a new intel graphics card coming out soon is this true and if so when is it coming out?
much thanks

They are probably referring to Larrabee. And that is scheduled to come out later this year.
0 Kudos
persipidus
Beginner
Quoting - el_miguel
much thanks

They are probably referring to Larrabee. And that is scheduled to come out later this year.

What kind of Laptop?
0 Kudos
theg-man
Beginner
Quoting - el_miguel
much thanks
how manymega bites did the card have?

Singed,
THE G-MAN !!!!!!
0 Kudos
pramodblackbird
Beginner
Have heard of Larrabee,..Gonna buy it when its released..

0 Kudos
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
Quoting - persipidus

What kind of Laptop?
I would not expect the higher end laptops to have this until next year. But I'm not sure. It really depends on the OEMs as to who will ship with it.
0 Kudos
jrnaresh
Beginner
Quoting - el_miguel
much thanks
They are referring to Larrabee
0 Kudos
hanratty
Beginner
Quoting - el_miguel
much thanks
Hi.

There are external video cards which have come out in the last two months.

These are primarily for multi-monitor use for laptops. Basically usb2.0 interface to multiple monitors.

one that has been around for some time is the sidecar pcmia card - http://www.digitaltigers.com/sidecar.shtml

check it out.

btw If you really want something for ur pc..no matter how uncommon...u can find it, u just have to know where to look.
0 Kudos
hazelleo
Beginner
But will it be wise to use unpopular services at the beginning. if it affects our business..So everyhtng must be known well for that..

0 Kudos
michalelclerk
Beginner
Hi....
Ya i think its true and for games which have a high resolution needs graphic cards so from that you can find the game and also the contain regarding that really easly.... and as per me intel graphic cards are best to use and also others are available in market but for high and good quality resolution its best... Thanks for sharing the post....
0 Kudos
spacetrader22
Beginner
Quoting - michalelclerk
Hi....
Ya i think its true and for games which have a high resolution needs graphic cards so from that you can find the game and also the contain regarding that really easly.... and as per me intel graphic cards are best to use and also others are available in market but for high and good quality resolution its best... Thanks for sharing the post....

Amen to that, it's complete mess running games on low res. I'm just hoping my card can handle SC2 and D3 when they come out.
0 Kudos