Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

help reverting to old license after beta

Izaak_Beekman
New Contributor II

It's been quite some time since I used the Intel Fortran compiler on my home laptop, and I had a personal (academic I think) license for ifort on OS X. I also was a Beta tester of the latest 16.x which was installed after the personal/academic version. Now that the beta period is over, I'm having trouble figuring out how to tell ifort to find the correct license. Now, even when I `source .../path/to/version/with/valid/license/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64` I still get the following message: 

$ ifort --version

Error: A license for FCompM is not available (-8,130).

License file(s) used were (in this order):
    1.  Trusted Storage
**  2.  /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.132/licenses
**  3.  /opt/intel/licenses
**  4.  /Users/ibeekman/intel/licenses/license_ism2_3LD_S66S-xxxxxxxx.lic
**  5.  /Users/ibeekman/intel/licenses/license_ism2_DBG_S66S-xxxxxxxx.lic
**  6.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/m_yyyyyyyy.lic
**  7.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/m_zzzzzzzz.lic
**  8.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/m_vvvvvvvv.lic
**  9.  /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.132/bin/intel64/../../Licenses
**  10.  /Users/ibeekman/Licenses
**  11.  /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.132/bin/intel64/*.lic

Please visit http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ if you require technical assistance.

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

Any ideas on how to go about fixing this? I can't remember how to get in touch with the premier account stuff either...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Izaak_Beekman
New Contributor II

Every time the beta program ends, this happens. I've resolved the issue, and the correct license is on the supposed license search path, in /Users/Shared/Library/Application\ Support/Intel/License BUT the compiler doesn't find it! I move it to one of the other paths listed in the search path and it works fine now... but very annoying! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Zaak,

Could you please send me the serial number of your academic license via private message?  I will send corresponding license file to you.  With it, you should be able to use the compiler.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Izaak_Beekman
New Contributor II

Hi, where would I find this number? I tried searching through my email and couldn't find the receipt/confirmation from the re-seller... Also, I changed the email address associated with my  intel account recently, and IIRC when I logged into premier support in the past it showed me my products... now it doesn't show anything.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

I will send you some information in a private message. Stay tuned.

Noga

Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Izaak_Beekman
New Contributor II

Every time the beta program ends, this happens. I've resolved the issue, and the correct license is on the supposed license search path, in /Users/Shared/Library/Application\ Support/Intel/License BUT the compiler doesn't find it! I move it to one of the other paths listed in the search path and it works fine now... but very annoying! 

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass it on to the Beta Program.

Regards,

Noga

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue had been resolved. If you have a similar issue please do not post it here but start a new thread.

0 Kudos