Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

how to exit from app preview?

Massimo_S_1
Beginner

reference:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intel.html5tools.apppreview&reviewId=Z3A6QU9xcFRPR0VmNU1nWUNUdU5SSmlQWmI0eEV3ekh1anNDRHF4bmtIWDk5N2dvMjczMDIyZU1yeWRBaTFnSzhzQUxWSFhabjJiTFBlSmYtS0w5WkdESEE

the exit key is the "back" key in phone.... otherwise how to exit from app preview?

this problem it occurred with app preview version 2.6.2 (before everything was ok)

my android version is 4.4.2

tks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is a bug in the current version of App Preview that prevents your app from getting the backbutton event. Build your app and install it on a real device and you will see that it works properly. It's a bug in App Preview.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Do you mean "how do I exit my app?" or "how do I exit App Preview?" If you are trying to force your app to exit, so you can start another app, touch your app screen with three fingers, that will return you to the App Preview main screen. Please clarify.

0 Kudos
Massimo_S_1
Beginner

how do I exit App Preview... (from my app I go out quietly)

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You can use the 3 finger tap to exit from your app that you have loaded in App Preview. There is no 'exit button' in App Preview to exit and return to your android home screen.

0 Kudos
Massimo_S_1
Beginner

all apps I know have a way to be closed .... this is not it? but before pressing the back of the phone App Preview closed ... not anymore ....

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is a bug in the current version of App Preview that prevents your app from getting the backbutton event. Build your app and install it on a real device and you will see that it works properly. It's a bug in App Preview.

0 Kudos
Massimo_S_1
Beginner

Thanks Paul, this bug is not serious but it makes uncomfortable App Preview instead that it is very important to test their app ... especially for beginners of XDK which should make many test .... I hope will be resolved in the next release...

0 Kudos
Massimo_S_1
Beginner

The App Preview is installed on my mobile (Wiko Sunset with Android 4.4.2),  and downloaded from Google store

0 Kudos