Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iOS App Unable to Download

Todd_S_2
Beginner

Hello All,

I've successfully built my app for iOS and it installs and runs on my test iPad just fine. However, certain other devices get an error saying that they were unable to download the app. The UDID's of all these devices are registered with Apple and in my provisioning file, so I don't think it's a provisioning error (but I've been wrong before). Has anyone run across this problem before? If so, how was it solved?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You can open your provisioning profile in notepad++, or something similar. Verify that the other UDID are in the provisioning profile that you are specifying in the XDK.

Also, make sure the iOS version you are specifying is the lowest common denominator. IE- if you build for 8.0, you can not install it on devices running iOS 7.0.

0 Kudos
Todd_S_2
Beginner

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

You can open your provisioning profile in notepad++, or something similar. Verify that the other UDID are in the provisioning profile that you are specifying in the XDK.

Also, make sure the iOS version you are specifying is the lowest common denominator. IE- if you build for 8.0, you can not install it on devices running iOS 7.0.

I checked both things, and it's still having the same problem. I also ensured that the files are downloading via HTTPS, which can cause this issue on iOS 7 +. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I have no issues installing an app on iOS 7 over https. Why dont you download the IPA and send it to them so they can install it with iTunes?

Also, only your last build is saved in the cloud. So if they are trying to install from a build email from yesterday, and you built it again today, yesterdays email is no longer valid and they need the most recent build email. 

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Also, if any of your UDIDs start with FFFFFFF, they are incorrect. There are apps out there that report UDID incorrectly, and the only real way to get this info is from iTunes.

0 Kudos
Todd_S_2
Beginner

That is interesting. One of the UDID's does start with FFFFFF. It's not my device so I don't know how the UDID was obtained. I'll look into this, thanks. 

0 Kudos