Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iOS Build Failure

Peter_J_1
Beginner

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and to the world of Intel XDK. Full disclosure, my background is in nursing and not web or program development.  Much of my learning for this project has been as I go.  These forums have been immensely helpful - so thank you for all the help you have already provided.  I have been able to do successful builds for androids but am having a devil of a time getting the iOS build to work. I have tried to follow the steps as laid out in the "Building Cordova * for Apple iOS* Apps in the Intel® XDK" article to the letter, but no luck.  It appears that I am having a similar (or possibly the same) issue as discussed in this thread iOS adhoc building fails

My build log is as follows:

Build Log:
  • Building a Cordova 4.1.2 application.
  • The application name is "Blue Book"
  • The package name is "KBYT69A53S.BlueBook1"
  • Will use the provisioning profile for "production"
  • No plugins were found in the intelxdk.config.xml file.
  • Targeting iOS version 6.
  • An unexpected error occured while attempting to build the application.

In addition the end of the detailed build log says:

Check dependencies
Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“BlueBook2”) has an AppID of “BlueBook1” which does not match your bundle identifier “KBYT69A53S.BlueBook1”.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	Check dependencies
(1 failure)
Command finished with error code 65: .../jquerytest/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
Error: .../jquerytest/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 65
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/4.1.2/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:753:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:820:5)

I have tried re-obtaining new provisioning files and certificates many times (no changes.)  I have also tried to change the settings in my projects tab and the bundle ID to what it says is not the same - still no luck.

Here is a screen shot of my Provisioning setup on the Apple developer website: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3x09tbBqGS_R2NsWC00VUtYUDQ

Here are two screen shots of my build settings: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3x09tbBqGS_Vk1QblNtTVdUdVk and https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3x09tbBqGS_Y1N1SklSR01YNFk

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Peter

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

Did you create your certificates using the CSR file found under the Step 1 in the Build Page for iOS?

0 Kudos
Peter_J_1
Beginner

Thanks for helping with this. I did create the CSR using step one and then was able to successfully create the certificates on the apple developer site.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

1. I am fairly certain that your bundle ID for cordova must be comprised of multiple parts, ie,  com.mycompany.appname

2. In your screen shots, you have KBYT69A53S.Bluebook1. You do not enter the KBYT69A53S. You need to enter something like com.mycompany.appname. Then create the appID on Apples developer portal, and a provisioning profile.

0 Kudos
Peter_J_1
Beginner

Success! I started over from scratch and made up a new bundle id of org.alnw.jquerytest and that appeared to work.  Thank you!

I do have another question: This app is being developed for in-house use at our company and I was wondering if you knew how difficult it is to do a build of the app for distribution outside of the App Store?

Thanks again for all of your help.

0 Kudos
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

Since you will be distributing the app within your company as opposed via the App Store, you will be required to rebuild your app each time with an updated provisioning profile with the new iOS devices' UUID.

0 Kudos
Peter_J_1
Beginner

ince you will be distributing the app within your company as opposed via the App Store, you will be required to rebuild your app each time with an updated provisioning profile with the new iOS devices' UUID.

Is this still true if I use an provisioning profile from an Apple Developer Enterprise account?  I will also ask apple on Monday.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You can distribute your app outside of the apps store on a max number of devices = 100. Apple only allows you to register 100 devices per apple developer account. If you have more than 100 devices, you need to look into a Enterprise account with apple. This will allow you to host your app, and allow people you wish to install it, as many as you want.

0 Kudos