Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

iOS Settings and Push Icon

Patrick_H_2
Beginner

Hello,

i have a Little Problem with the small Icon on iOS.
There are only the cordovoa Icon. I put all assets in the Project Settings but nothing happen.

On Android it works perfect! But on iOS there is the normal Icon correct, Splashscreen also but only in Settings and on recive push notifications there are the cordova Icon..

Here a screenshot from my iPhone:

http://pixeldraw.de/IMG_1509.PNG

have someone the same issue or a workarround for me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Oliver_L_1
Beginner
Same problem over here... Looks Kind of unprofessional.
0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

We only require the minimum icons in the project settings. If you want to add all that apple allows you can do so via the additions file.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/adding-special-build-options-to-your-xdk-cordova-app-with-the-intelxdk-config-additions-xml-file

And you can find the full set of icons that Apple supports here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/MobileHIG/IconMatrix.html

0 Kudos
Patrick_H_2
Beginner

Works perfect for me!

Thank you so much for your fast answer! ;)

0 Kudos
Patrick_H_2
Beginner

Since yesterday the Buildsystem don't copy the 87x87.png into the App!?
In my Buildlog are all other Icons incluced but the 87x87 Icon are ignored..
The path to the Icon are correct and it works the last weeks perfect for me.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

@Patrick ~

We are looking into this. We have not made any changes to Cordova iOS builds since 9/22.

What login are you using to build? I checked the account you have registered with the forums and dont see any builds for this user for the last month.

0 Kudos
Patrick_H_2
Beginner

Hello John,

i send you a Private Message with my right Account adress.
This Account i used only for write my personal Blog Posts about the Intel XDK at www.wdev.de

Thank you for your help =D

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you confirm what device/iOS you are seeing this issue on? I think I know, from looking at the Apple docs, but just want to be sure.

0 Kudos
Patrick_H_2
Beginner

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus at iOS9.
But i think there is no iOS9 problem when it is on the device.
The Icon is missing too on a iPhone 6 with iOS 8.

0 Kudos
Patrick_H_2
Beginner

I added now a lot of Icons and it works.. i think the last one i added, the 100x100 Icon is the right.

<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/1024x1024-2.png" width="1024" height="1024" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/114x114.png" width="114" height="114" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/100x100.png" width="100" height="100" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/87x87.png" width="87" height="87" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/58x58.png" width="58" height="58" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/29x29.png" width="29" height="29" />

<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/80x80.png" width="80" height="80" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/75x75.png" width="75" height="75" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/66x66.png" width="66" height="66" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/57x57.png" width="57" height="57" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/50x50.png" width="50" height="50" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/44x44.png" width="44" height="44" />
<!-- +iOS --><icon platform="ios" src="assets/ios/40x40.png" width="40" height="40" />

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Just to close the loop on this, the 87x87 icon is not being processes correctly when added via the additions file.

0 Kudos