Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel xdk, admob and html link problem (construct 2)

Alvin_Y_
Beginner

Hello, I am using construct 2 and I have problem with the new intel xdk update (v2548). I have added the admob and the inappbrowser plugin. But they don’t work!

admob problem:
- When I chose the admob basic plugin my ad doesn't show up at all.
- But when I chose the admob old plugin it takes around 2 minutes for the ad to show up.

Inappbrowser problem:
- When I click on my link button I have made on my app it doesn't happen anything.

Can someone please solve this problem? It worked good on the previous intel xdk versions. Where can I download previous intel xdk versions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you try removing the plugins and then re-adding them?

If that does not help, can you provide a simplified example that shows the issue that you are seeing?

0 Kudos
Alvin_Y_
Beginner

Here is the steps I do:

I export my project from construct 2 and then upload it to intel xdk.

Then I chose the Cordova plugin AdMob* Ad Services (old) and the inappbrowser plugin form the intel xdk.
(The admob plugin I need in order to show my ad. The inappbrowser plugin I need in order to link to a website)

After everything is done, I make it an apk file. But when I run my app the ad is invisible for about 2 minutes, then it shows up. And the button is unclickable it doesn't take me to the website, nothing is happening.

I don't know what I am doing for wrong.

The previous intel xdk version (2366) worked good and I did not have a problem. I tried to install the previous intel xdk version as mention in this post: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/594398 But I get the same error message as Mour D.

0 Kudos
Alvin_Y_
Beginner

Managed to get the url to work. I had to add this character “*” on intent (external whitelist) in intel xdk. But the admob doesn't work. :(

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Which CLI are building against? The CLI 4.1.2 build system and CLI 5.1.1 are quite different. Things that work with one do not necessarily work with the other.

0 Kudos
Alvin_Y_
Beginner

I changed it to CLI 4.1.2 and admob works! Thanks everything is good again. But the performance with CLI 5.1.1 is much better. Would be great if admob would work with CLI 5.1.1

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There are some issues with new plugins (designed for CLI 5) and our CLI 5 build system that we are working on. When those are resolved (which will be announced in the forum) you should be able to make a version of AdMob work with CLI 5 builds, until then, CLI 4 is your best bet.

This problem is due to the large change that the Apache Cordova project made to the Android build system when they moved to CLI 5. It has resulted in a lot of havoc regarding plugins and builds. Please bear with us as we make this transition.

0 Kudos
rahul_p_
Beginner

HI Team,

I exported html5 from construct 2 and then added cranberry/admob plugin and exported to android. No ads are displayed on the application. Please help me where I should edit the admob ad unit it in the plugin. I have a help folder under plugin and there is test/index.html. Please help where i neet to set the ads id.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Alvin_Y_
Beginner

Hi!

I think I know where the problem lies in CLI 5.1.1. When i chose to build for "android crosswalk" the banner ad takes about 2 minutes before it appears. But when I chose to build it with "Android" the banner ad is working good. I have tried many admob plugins but get the same result. Please do someone have a fix for this, so it would also work for the "android crosswalk" build?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alvin, can you post a sample project that illustrates this behavior? Once you've created a simple app that results in what you have described, please ZIP the ENTIRE project directory and post it to this thread. With such an example we have a much better chance of reproducing the issue and fixing the problem. Without such an example it is very hard to diagnose and fix.

0 Kudos
Alvin_Y_
Beginner

bump

0 Kudos
Alvin_Y_
Beginner

Any news on this?

0 Kudos
Alvin_Y_
Beginner

0 Kudos