Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iPhone 6 - Wrong scale in App Preview

Jannes_D_
Beginner

Hi,

while working on a new cordova app, we recognized an upscaled view on the iPhone 6 with the App Preview. This we can even see within the App Preview itself, when we have not downloaded and started our app. Everythings looks gerater than normal, like zoomed in, an it continues when we started our app. Despite that, everything looks normal in the XDK Emulator.

According to PhoneGap some Post around say that you have to set the splash screen in the correct sizes for iPhone 6 and 6+ to get the correct scale, but this has no effect in the App Preview. We didn't built the app yet, so we don't know how it is in the production environment.

Do you have any workaround on this issue?

Thanks,
Jay

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Brandon_K_Intel
Employee

Will you attempt to build your application for an iOS device? Test the app on there and let me know the behavior. I want to try to pin point the issue.

0 Kudos
Jannes_D_
Beginner

Ok, I'll do and let you know.

0 Kudos
Jannes_D_
Beginner

Recently, we built the App for iOS and tested it on our iPhone 6. It was not upscaled compared to our prior testing with the App Preview. Looks like there is a Bug in the App Preview indeed. I guess there are not all iOS splash screen images specified for the App Preview.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You should always build/test your apps on the actual device to see how it will look. App Preview is a very close approximation, however, there are minor discrepancies. 

0 Kudos