Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

iframes blank in iOS, sample application

Richard_J_
Beginner

I am testing the HTML5 Web Video Playback application.

When I build for iOS the youtube and vimeo iframes are blank. It looks like a permission issue. A local ifame from www/test.htm loads properly. I am using the default whitelist settings for the Web Video Playback application.

The iframes load properly in App preview, and for Android builds. Any idea what settings I need to make this work on iOS?

I am using Intel XDK 3240, Cordova CLI 5.4.1, iOS 9.3.2. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

In whitelist settings add "*" for all three:

Network Request(<access>)

Intent(<allow-intent>)

Navigation(<allow-navigation>)

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 10.29.54 AM.png

I used these settings and was able to play youtube iframe embed.

my index.html:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, user-scalable=no">
    <script src="cordova.js"></script>
</head>
<body>

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-JUVzO8pqTk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    

</body>
</html>

you can play around with these settings and use the appropriate ones.

0 Kudos
Richard_J_
Beginner

Rakshith - Thanks for the help. I had to set the project aside for a while, but I just tried your solution and it works. I appreciate it.

-Richard

0 Kudos
Keith_T_
Beginner

This problem happens when you go from building with Cordova CLI 5.1.1 to 5.4.1 or higher.

I solved this by setting "Network Request(<access>)" to * (although just *.vimeo.com should work). I left "Intent(<allow-intent>)" blank, and set "Navigation(<allow-navigation>)" to *.vimeo.com

The Whitelist for Android doesn't seem to have the Navigation section enabled yet, but I imagine the same problem will occur on Android if it is ever enabled.

0 Kudos