Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

installing a license key from a VAR

Matt_Overholt
Beginner

Hi,

I've installed an evaluation of Parallel Studio XE Pro 2016 for Linux and it has worked fine.  Now the 30 days evaluation is up and I want to install the license key (for the Composer version) that I purchased from a VAR (TechXtend), which they sent me in an email.  How do I do that? 

The Registration Center > Subscription History shows my previous purchase which expired in 2013 (and the license file for that), but I can't figure out how to update my license. (Does that serial number still apply?)  Step-by-step instructions would be nice.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Just replace the evaluation license with the new commercial or academic license. You do not need to reinstall your product. Please refer to How do I manually install my new license?

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Make sure you register the new SN on Intel® Registration Center . In order to use 2016 software product you need a license that has a current support expiration date.

0 Kudos
Matt_Overholt
Beginner

Thanks for the help, Devorah.  I was able to successfully register my new serial number (which is what the VAR was calling a "License Key" and confusing me), download the license file, and now it is working.

You can close this case.

0 Kudos