Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

intel C++ compiler for noncommercial download and install

utab
Beginner

Dear all,

I am a non-commerical user of intel fortran and C++ compilers for my Ph.D. research. In January 2014, I downloaded both the files

l_fcompxe_2013_sp1.1.106

and

l_ccompxe_2013_sp1.1.106

and got the license files and the deadline up to which I could get product updates. However, the download center does not allow me to download the latest version of C++ compiler. But I could download the latest version of the FORTRAN compiler(2013_sp1.3.174) and install it on our cluster under my home directory for my personal use. The date I can get product updates seems to be 18 Jan 2015(from the emails that I got the serials), however as told it warns me with a message like

The support period for your license has expired. To download this product update, you will need to purchase renewal licenses to extend your support from your expiration date (25 Sep 2013) to the build date of this product update (11 Oct 2013). Note that support for new renewal licenses will begin on 25 Sep 2013.

if I try to get 2013SP1 update 1 and up for C++ compilers.

I could download 2013SP1 initial release however this file seems to be an earlier release, in January I could download a newer version from the same web site. I am bit confused at this point.

Which compilers and MKL can I use under the non-commercial agreement at this point?

Best regards,

Umut

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ren_h_
Beginner

Dear all,

I am a non-commerical user of intel fortran  compilers for my Master research. In January 2014, I downloaded  the files

l_fcompxe_2013_sp1.1.106

and got the license files and the deadline up to which I could get product updates

Best regards

0 Kudos
Basab_B_
Beginner

Last week I tried to download Intel Parallel studio for c++ (Linux) but I failed due to the fact that Intel was not giving student version of the software out side USA student. But today I am able to register and download the same. I want to get the facts clear. Has Intel reviewed the noncommercial C++ offering recently. If yes from when??  Can any one provide me the information. Thanks to Intel and all.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Please check out this page https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software 

As well as this: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/discounted-student-pricing

Devorah

0 Kudos