Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

intelxdk.js file missing and script removed on build

Bussa_M_
Beginner

Hi,

Firstly I'm very impressed with the XDK update and everything that you offer.

I have an issue when I build an Bootstrap web app, all this scripts are removed in the built index.html file:

<script src="intelxdk.js"></script>
<script src="cordova.js"></script>
<script src="xhr.js"></script>

And the intelxdk.js  is missing in the www folder of the build zip. I'm using intel 1826 on a Windows 8 64 bit machine. I also had the same problem on the 1621 XDK version.

Thanks for the wonderful tool and thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Bussa

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello Bussa,

Thanks for your feedback.

Intelxdk.js and xhr.js files are not required with the Cordova build and hence are not included in the built bundle. Those are required for the legacy build only and legacy build options are going to be deprecated soon. So, you can safely remove those script tags from the intel.html file as long as you are using Cordova build, which is recommended.

Swati

0 Kudos
Bussa_M_
Beginner

Hi Swati,

Thanks for the reply. Without the Intelxdk.js I can't use for example intel.xdk.cache.getCookie("xxxxx") on web app build since using html5 and cordova option doesn't give me a web app build option.

Regards,

Bussa

0 Kudos
David_D_1
Beginner

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to use intel.xdk.device.barcode.scan but during build - same issue as the intelxdk.js is being removed and the function doesn't work. On test - the QR scan works great but after build gives an error that this function wasn't found. I tried different plugins without luck. 

Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The intel.xdk plugins have been deprecated, they are not being actively updated. You can include them as third-party plugins by including them via their git repos, here > https://github.com/01org?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=cordova-plugin and instructions on how to add a third-party plugin that is stored in a github repo can be found here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/add-manage-project-plugins

0 Kudos