Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

(lmgrd) MULTIPLE "INTEL" license server systems running... but it is not true.

GSC-IAC
Beginner
Hello everybody
We are having troubles starting the flexlm service (specifically, the INTEL daemon) for our INTEL C++ and Fortran licenses.
The system where we are trying to run the service is a virtualized 64bit Windows 7.
We have trying withlmgrd.intel.exe (lmgrd v11.6.1.0 build 66138 x64_n6, fromw_flm_p_1.0.011_intel64 package) and with another version of lmgrd.exe(v11.9.0.0 build 87342 x64_n6) with the same results.
The hostid is correct and we had tried to set and destroy the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE variable.
We have other non-intel flexlm services running in the same system, but even stopping all them the intel flexlm service stops with the showd log messages. Any idea? Thanks!
13:15:50 (INTEL) Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 14
13:15:50 (INTEL) FLEXnet Licensing version v11.6.1.0 build 66138 x64_n6
13:15:50 (INTEL) lmgrd version 11.9, INTEL version 11.6
13:15:50 (INTEL) EXITING DUE TO SIGNAL 32 Exit reason 9
13:15:55 (lmgrd) INTEL exited with status 32 (Exited because another server was
running)
13:15:55 (lmgrd) MULTIPLE "INTEL" license server systems running.
13:15:55 (lmgrd) Using Task Manager, stop INTEL and run lmreread
13:15:55 (lmgrd)
13:15:55 (lmgrd) This error probably results from:
13:15:55 (lmgrd) 1. Another copy of the license server manager (lmgrd) is runn
ing.
13:15:55 (lmgrd) 2. Another copy of the vendor daemon is running.
13:15:55 (lmgrd) 3. The locking mechanism(s) were removed by an
13:15:55 (lmgrd) outside program.
13:15:55 (lmgrd)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Thanks for using the forum to submit your issue. I will investigate this and come back in a few days as I haven't come across an issue of this kind.

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Flexera says it supports license server runing on virtual machine on VMware ESX server since 11.6; can you please tell me virtual environment you are are using?

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
GSC-IAC
Beginner
Hi Krishna, thanks for your support.
Our VMWare environment is based on several ESX machines with 4.1.0 version.
>Flexera says it supports license server runing on virtual machine on VMware ESX server since 11.6;
Including 11.6? Anyway our tests were using 11.6 and version 11.9:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\FLEXlm>lmgrd.intel.exe -version
lmgrd v11.6.1.0 build 66138 x64_n6 - Copyright (c) 1988-2008 Acresso Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.
C:\flexlm\INTEL>..\lmgrd.exe -version
lmgrd v11.9.0.0 build 87342 x64_n6 - Copyright (c) 1988-2010 Flexera Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
> 4.Launch the binding agent on the Windows console OS at port 27010. (enter lmbind -port 27010 -l
lmbind.log).
However, I cannot run lmbind on the virtualized machine nor the esx server.
I mean, I unpackVMSupport and get the files lmbind and lmhostid who are in ./lmbind\VMWareESX/, but they are not binaries who could run into our esx servers.
0 Kudos
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Thanks for the details. Sorry for the late response. I am running this by our FlexLm experts. I will update this thread as soon as I hear back from them. Appreciate your patience. In the meanwhile, please feel free to share any information/updates from your side regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Krishna
0 Kudos
Krishna_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Below is a response from our FlexLm expert.

"It seems that this customer is trying to use a new function which is introduced after flexnet 11.6.1 by flexera. This new function is needed if the license file uses host id like "VMW_EHER=....", "VMW_UUID=..." etc. I don't think flexnet 11.6.1 recognize it. However, I did see the customer's license file so this is my guess.

Can you please tell me the SN of that this customer then I can check the license file?

We can suggest the customer to use ordinary host id (the string output by lmhostid) and treat the virtual machine as an ordinary physical machine, so that lmbind is not needed."

So, Can you please tell me the SN so that we can check the license file?

Thanks,

Krishna

0 Kudos
GSC-IAC
Beginner
Hello Krishna
Can you tell us your email address in order to send our SNs?
However, we have not any"VMW_EHER=...." or "VMW_UUID=" string in our license file.
Thanks,
Francisco
0 Kudos