Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I
22 Views

mean end of June INTEL XDK IDE will stop to work COMPLETELLY

 

By saying below you mean end of June INTEL XDK IDE will stop to work COMPLETELLY? Or INTEL XDK IDE WILL continue to work but building using Adobe CORDOVA servers or equivalent? 

 

Build Tab

IMPORTANT: As of the March 14, 2017 release, the Intel XDK cloud-based build servers have been deprecated and will be retired at the end of June, 2017. When the Intel XDK cloud-based build system is retired you will no longer be able to build an Apache* Cordova* mobile app using any version of the Intel XDK. Instead, you will need to build your mobile app using PhoneGap* Build, Cordova CLI or an equivalent Apache Cordova build system. See Build with PhoneGap* Build and Cordova* CLI for detailed instructions regarding how to export and build your mobile app with external tools.

These features are being retired because, as previously announced and noted in the 3491 release notes, the Intel XDK is now focused on the development of IoT (Internet of Things) apps and IoT mobile companion apps. Since we introduced the Intel XDK IoT Edition in September of 2014, the need for accessible IoT app development tools has increased dramatically. At the same time, HTML5 mobile app development tools have matured significantly. Given the maturity of the free open-source HTML5 mobile app development tools, we feel you are best served by using those tools directly.

 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I
22 Views

also 

I think used the same signing key/password for all 11 of my Apps... this is the case if the signing key file name is the same in all apps? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I
22 Views

I use xdk cordova 5.4.1 

but in 

Use the Cordova Build Package tile on the Build tab to create the Cordova project ZIP file

in config.xml

I see below cli-6.0.0 ... is it normal .. is is the same? In other words cordova plugins for xdk cordova 5.4.1 are compatible with plugins  cli-6.0.0...?

 

<preference name="phonegap-version" value="cli-6.0.0" />

<preference name="xwalkMultipleApk" value="false" />
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview" spec="1.5.0"/>
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-device" spec="1.1.1"/>
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-splashscreen" spec="3.2.0"/>
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-x-socialsharing" spec="5.0.10"/>
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-network-information" spec="1.2.0"/>
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-google-analytics" spec="0.8.1"/>
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-statusbar" spec="2.1.0"/>
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-admobpro" spec="2.17.0"/>
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-extension" spec="1.5.1"/>
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-whitelist" spec="1.2.2"/>

 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
22 Views

Leonidas S. wrote:

By saying below you mean end of June INTEL XDK IDE will stop to work COMPLETELLY? Or INTEL XDK IDE WILL continue to work but building using Adobe CORDOVA servers or equivalent? 

The build servers will be retired. That means that you will no longer be able to submit a project to the Intel builders, that part of the XDK will quit working. You will, however, still be able to use the "Cordova Build Package" tool to export a ZIP file that can be submitted to PhoneGap Build or used with Cordova CLI. We will not, however, be submitting builds automatically to PhoneGap Build, it will continue to be the semi-manual process that exists today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
22 Views

Leonidas S. wrote:

I think used the same signing key/password for all 11 of my Apps... this is the case if the signing key file name is the same in all apps? 

You can use one signing key for all of your apps, that is perfectly fine. If you have only one Android keystore in the certificate management tool, then that is probably the case (unless you added and deleted some certificates from the tool).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
22 Views

Leonidas S. wrote:

I use xdk cordova 5.4.1 

but in 

Use the Cordova Build Package tile on the Build tab to create the Cordova project ZIP file

in config.xml

I see below cli-6.0.0 ... is it normal .. is is the same? In other words cordova plugins for xdk cordova 5.4.1 are compatible with plugins  cli-6.0.0...?

Our build system's version of CLI 5.4.1 is actually more like the PhoneGap CLI 6.0.0, that is why you see that discrepancy. See this FAQ for more details > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/cordova#cordova-version <

Our build system's 6.2.0 is identical to the PhoneGap Build 6.2.0.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I
22 Views

In case I update version eg from 5.4.1 to 6.2.0 in xdk -... Plugins versions also updated... respectively. How this handled by Phonegap build? In other words how find the correct plugin version for the correct Phonegap build version?

Are you recommend prior end of June ... upgrade to 6.2.0 so learn the plugins corresponding???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
22 Views

Leonidas S. wrote:

In case I update version eg from 5.4.1 to 6.2.0 in xdk -... Plugins versions also updated... respectively. How this handled by Phonegap build? In other words how find the correct plugin version for the correct Phonegap build version?

See the config.xml file that is generated by the export tool. You will see the plugin versions listed in that file. See also this post > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/735296 < for some help with that.

Leonidas S. wrote:

Are you recommend prior end of June ... upgrade to 6.2.0 so learn the plugins corresponding???

You can use whatever version of CLI you want, but I would recommend trying to make your app work with CLI 6.2, because it will be easier to upgrade from that to later versions of Cordova. From time to time there are security bug fixes introduced with later versions of CLI, so keeping pace with the latest version of CLI is a good thing, but it may take time to update your app, it's not always possible to update as soon as a new release is made. That is one of the nice features of PhoneGap Build, you can continue to build with an older version until you are confident you can move to a newer version.

0 Kudos