Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

Ricardo_d_
Beginner

HI all,

I've developed an Android App from a html project, through webview, i.e, from a pdf file I used the tool pdf2html for generation the project, index.html and one new html per pdf page.

NOw the app has been uploaded to Google play and works quite well in most of the devices.

However in some other devices like Nexus-4 (os v 5.1.1) the app only shows the initial splash screen and next is not able to show the first page of the webapp. Instead it shows a white screen, because internally it seems this is the error happened:

web page not availalbe, web page
http://localhost:58888/rZOs1F..../4.0.0/index.html was not loaded
net::ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

This error happens only when the device uses the operator 3G network connection. NOt in the cases when is connected though a Wifi network or the device has been started without the sim card inside. I remark, only happens under 3G/4G networks, why?
Of course is a big problem because this is the usual network for most of the people.

Please, do you have any idea, how to fix it?

thanks a lot in advance,

br,

R.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Did you test your app on devices before you submitted it to the play store?

Did it work then?

Can you provided a simplified version of your app the displays this behavior?

0 Kudos
Ricardo_d_
Beginner

Hi John,

first of all thanks for your answer and your time.

I've just fixed it and upluaded a new version to the market. This time it doesn't show that error message when the mobile uses 3g network.

The problem was the way I had generated the App.

In the intelXDK took there are 2 different options for generating the APK:

1) Using Cordova hybrd mobile app

2) Legacy hybrid mobile app platforms

I had used 2) legacy instead of the 1) (Cordova).

Using 2) there is not any error now.

Really I don't understand well what was the purpose of the option 2) legacy, what's the different.

But in any case I was able to fix that problem

Additionally I must to say that deleting the proxy configuration of my network operator the app didn't show that error even using option 2), but of course that is not a suitable solution.

regards,

RHeras.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Long story short - the legacy builds were around years ago before cordova became the main way of doing things. Since then, we have moved all efforts into supporting Cordova builds and the legacy builds will eventually going away altogether.

Glad you got it working :)

0 Kudos