new version 3522 fail to detect iOS device

Arthur_T_
New Contributor I

environment:

XDK 3522

iPhone 6S, iOS 9.3.5

iMac: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Problem:

When connect my iPhone6S to my iMac, the device hasn't appear in upper-left of DEBUG tab in XDK even I tap 'Trust' in my iPhone.

P.S.

This happen even for older XDK version such as 3400, 3491 and the list device show 'null (serial unavailable)' only when device plugged. Seems this is problem between OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and XDK.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
André_V_
Beginner

Same error here, but, the emulator was working, i'm using windows 10, I have iphone 5c and after I updated to IOS 10 my iphone is not reconized anymore.

xdk.png

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Arthur -- since you have a Mac host, you should have no difficulties. Yours is the first I've heard of having such an issue. What happens if you try using Safari Web Inspector? That will actually work better than using the Debug tab. See this link for using Safari > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/articles/debugging-xdk-cordova-apps-built-for-ios-using-mac-and-safari <

Andre -- we have not tested with iOS 10 devices, and I see some other similar solutions out there are also having trouble with iOS 10 devices. We'll have to take a closer look to determine if the technique we are using can still be used with iOS 10.

0 Kudos
Jef_Anderson_v_
Beginner

Boa tarde,

estou com o mesmo problema e começou assim que atualizei para a versão 3522.

Quem puder ajudar, obrigado.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Jef Anderson v. wrote:

Good afternoon,

I am having the same problem and got so upgraded to the 3522 version.

Who can help, thank you.

Our software has not been tested against iOS 10 devices. If we find a workaround we will publish it, until then your best bet it so use an iOS 9 device, weinre or safari remote (if you have a Mac). Please see this doc page for alternatives > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-debug-and-test-overview <

0 Kudos
André_V_
Beginner

Any news?

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Yes I am getting this issue with an iOS10 device.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Andre -- sorry, but we have not identified a solution. Apple is determined to insure that if you want to develop for iOS you should be using a Mac. We recommend that you use an iOS 9 device if you want to use the Debug tab. Otherwise, use weinre with a built app or with App Preview. Please see this doc page for debugging alternatives > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-debug-and-test-overview <

0 Kudos
Carlos_G_2
Novice

I got the same problem, I have Intel XDK 3522, iphone 5s with ios 10 and got the same issue with null (serial unavailable).

Did anyone got a solution to this?

To debug I need to build the ipa file and install with itunes but its something hideous.

Thanks to all

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Carlos -- there is no known solution, at this time. It's far easier to install your IPA dev build using the OTA link. Note that if you have a Mac you can use Xcode (using the Window > Devices menu item), rather than using iTunes.

0 Kudos
Brian_J_
Beginner

I'm having the same problem on an ios (9.3.4) device using a mac (osx el capitan 10.11.6).  When I plug my device in via USB the debug tab shows "(null) serial unavailable".

Safari web inspector is able to connect and debug.

Is it possible to hot load javascript changes in order to avoid rebuilding and redeploying with each Javascript change (and still debug using Safari web inspector)?  Could this work from a localhost web server running on my mac or would security (e.g. CORS) get in the way?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Brian -- the JavaScript console is your best friend. See the technique used in this video > https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/using-the-test-tab < starting at about 19:30.

0 Kudos