Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

parallel amplifier & Vtune floating license

I_Krebs
Beginner
Hi,

we have a valid VTune floating license. As VTune's GraphCollectioin does not work on Win7 I tested Parallel Amplifier. After the 30 test period I tried to use the VTune license, as the release notes of Parallel Amplifier says that it should work if a valid VTune license is available.

When trying to add the information of port and host in "Activation Options - Choose Alternative Activation" I get only the message "The license file provided is invalid".

Can you please give me guidance how to make the parallel amplifier run?

Cheers,

Ilmari
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Igor_V_Intel
Employee
Dear Ilmari,

I am investigating your issue and will be back shortly with an update.

Regards,
Igor
0 Kudos
Igor_V_Intel
Employee

Could you please provide the installation log for the investigation?

Intel Parallel Amplifier log files can be found at %temp%/ampl-log- directory and installation logs are saved at %temp% directory in a few Amplifier_install.log* files. Compress them and send to me.

Regards,
Igor

0 Kudos
Igor_V_Intel
Employee

Could you please also provide the original serial number (for VTune) and full name of the Amplifier product you are talking about. Note that the Serial Number is a private information, so, please, use the private reply.

Regards,

Igor

0 Kudos
I_Krebs
Beginner
Dear Igor,

I have previously sent additional information. Had you already the possibility to have a look onto them?

Cheers,

Ilmari
0 Kudos
I_Krebs
Beginner
Hi Igor,

it seems the item is settled no. After using the newer lic file on the server site I installed the parallel amplifier again. This time I recognized on the activation tab the first option which asked whether to use an existing activation. That did the trick!

Thanks for you help.

Ilmari
0 Kudos