Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

parallel studio XE Cluster edition installation problem

HONGYI_C_
Beginner

Hi,

I was trying to install the parallel studio xe cluster edition for windows in my computer (I have the student software license for Fortran). But there is an error says"package signature verification failed". I have tried 2017,2016,and 2015 edition of this package but they have the same problem with the signature.

When I open went into the digital signatures in the Properties it says "the certificate is not valid for the requested usage".

Can anyone help me with that?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Igor_V_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
HONGYI_C_
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I have tried download the certificates in that websites and installed the certificates. However the software still not working and the problem remains the same. I guess that might be a problem with the version of windows 7.

Does anyone have other ideas?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Igor_V_Intel
Employee

It usually happens due to missing of some Windows updates. Could you please check that you have all the updates installed?

0 Kudos
HONGYI_C_
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Today I have installed all updates from windows updates, but the program still not working.

I also check the certificate of this program called 'Intel(R) Software Development Products' and the certificate status is 'This certificate does not appear to be valid for the selected purpose'.

Many thanks,

Hongyi

0 Kudos
Igor_V_Intel
Employee

We found that in some cases there are issues with certificates. Even following the steps from the article doesn't help. We do have a workaround and I provided it to Hongyi via private message.

0 Kudos
HONGYI_C_
Beginner

Hi,

I have tried to install the program again and it seems successful this time.

Many thanks,

Hongyi

0 Kudos
Brennan_L_
Beginner

Igor V. (Intel) wrote:

We found that in some cases there are issues with certificates. Even following the steps from the article doesn't help. We do have a workaround and I provided it to Hongyi via private message.

I am having the same issue can you provide the work around?

Brennan

0 Kudos
ANAND_K_S
Beginner

Igor V. (Intel) wrote:

Facing the same problem while installing Intel parallel studio xe 2017 in Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 1.It is showing "package signature verification failed". please provide the solution for that.Its urgent.

0 Kudos