Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

problem to use NVCC (cuda) with Intel C/C++ 12.x

Armando_Lazaro_Alami
I have a project including host .C files and .CU files for NVidia Cuda Compilation. The project is OK for MS C compilation but fails when I switch to Intel C. The message code is :

>Performing Custom Build Step (Microsoft VC++ Environment)
1>nvcc fatal : A single input file is required for a non-link phase when an outputfile is specified

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Armando
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Armando_Lazaro_Alami
Anybody working with NVCC (*) and Intel C 12.x ? Any hint, inside or outside VisualStudio ?
Thanks.
(*) - NVCC is nVidia Cuda Compiler Driver.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
I have a project including host .C files and .CU files for NVidia Cuda Compilation. The project is OK for MS C compilation but fails when I switch to Intel C. The message code is :

>Performing Custom Build Step (Microsoft VC++ Environment)
1>nvcc fatal : A single input file is required for a non-link phase when an outputfile is specified

It could be related to a wrong command list of arguments declared in 'Custom Build Step' dialog of VS after
your MSC project was converted to ICC project. Did you verifyICC project?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
I have an update from an IDZ user that the original problem is Not solved. Note: Roman, please follow up and provide more technical details. Let's try to understand what could be wrong. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Please continue discussion in the primary thead on Intel C++ compiler forum: Forum Topic: Failed to use CUDA nvcc compiler with ICC 13.x Web-link: software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/392230 Thanks.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Update: A problem with Intel C++ compiler was identified and should be fixed in a future release of Intel C++ compiler.
0 Kudos
Armando_Lazaro_Alami

Hi,  Sergey !   So, we have good news.

0 Kudos