Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

problem with emulator 1878

S_C_
Beginner

Emulator works fine for all other project except for projects that was created from template files in 'layout and user interface'.  Whether it's an old project created before update 1878 or new project, emulator shows blank screen.  But apps display fine on actual phone though.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

There is a is a bug when you do not select App Designer while creating a project out of layout template. It has been reported. If you select App Designer check box, the template works fine.

Swati

0 Kudos
S_C_
Beginner

I hope this bug get fixed soon.  I have old projects that was not created with App Designer.  From what I read somewhere, projects can not be easily switched between code and designer. 

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

The issue is with the template not loading the correct version of App Framework. We will fix the bug soon. But for now you could change App Framework to newer version of App Framework and your app will work fine in the emulator.  

To do that :

You could try to create one app using App Designer which generates app_framework folder in www directory. Replace your current app's appframework folder with this new app_framework folder. In the header of your index.html file, replace the style links and script tags with the following :

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="app_framework/2.1/css/af.ui.min.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="app_framework/2.1/css/icons.min.css">

<script type="application/javascript" src="app_framework/2.1/appframework.js"></script>
<script type="application/javascript" src="app_framework/2.1/appframework.ui.js"></script>

Swati

0 Kudos
S_C_
Beginner

Thank you.  It works on emulator (I also copied the plugin folder from old framework folder to new framework folder, and updated index.html to include plugin folder as well.)

0 Kudos