Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

pushing green BUILD button does nothing

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you push the green BUILD button after uploading your app and nothing happens (or you see the "build spinner" appear and then quickly disappear) you may have a project GUID conflict. This can be caused for a variety of reasons:

• you own multiple accounts that have projects with the same name
  • you have multiple projects (with different names) that were copied from the same original project
  • other security and authentication upgrade effects

The simplest solution to this problem is to:

• delete the problem app from your App Center account (using the small garbage can icon)
  • return to the XDK and try the build again (the XDK should automatically push your project for the build)

The App Center is where your projects are queued for use with the Test and Build tabs. Find the app that is not building, select it from the list to expand the control icons, and delete it from the App Center by pushing the small garbage can icon, as shown in the image below.

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 4.08.49 PM.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

Dear Intel,

The download button in the Intel XDK has stopped working. I am using version 2323.

0 Kudos
Michal_S_
Beginner

Michael O. wrote:

Dear Intel,

The download button in the Intel XDK has stopped working. I am using version 2323.

Unfortunatelly I have the same problem. Moreover when I tried to update XDK (2248) I got an error: Failed to download update, but I have working Internet connection.

I'm looking for any help.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Michael O. -- are you still seeing this problem? I just did a quick test and I notice that the download button disappears for a moment when I go to touch it, but then reappears after a short delay (usually a second). I'm assuming you are referring to the green download button on the build tab. You should also receive an email with the download link and you can use the "Recipient List" field to send a download link to any email address. Make sure to uncheck the "Use a secure download link" if you do not want to sign in when using the "recipient list"

@Michal S. -- Go to http://xdk.intel.com and download the update there and manually install it.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

@Paul

After clicking the download button, the page disappears and nothing happens. I can't download the apk.

The link in the email is also not working. The page loads without the app download.

Something must be done to this version of the Intel XDK.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The page with the green button and email link that you are interacting with is an iframe, so it is being served by our build server, it is not inside the XDK. So my suspicion is either a network issue or a language issue. We have seen some situations where Turkish language systems would cause the buttons to not appear.

• Is your system configured in English or some other language?
  • If you login to the App Center can you perform a build there and do you still see the same problem?

To login to the App Center, go here: https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/csd/controlpanel.aspx using your browser and login using your XDK userid and password.

• Find the app you are trying to build in your list of apps.
  • Select the "Build as a Mobile App" option.
  • Select the built tile you are trying to build (for example, Cordova Android).
  • Start the build with the view that comes up.
  • Does the "Build Successful" screen include a green download button and blue send button?

Also, are you getting an email message at the completion of the build? You should get a download link in that message, every build I do sends me an email to the email address associated with my userid.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

@Paul Thanks.

I changed my network settings and the issue was resolved.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Michael O. -- could you share what you had to change in your network settings so it might benefit others with the same problem?

0 Kudos