Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

"Browser" object not working when exporting via Intel XDK/Crosswalk

Amine_E_
Beginner

Hello,

in the latest XDK update, the Browser object with Construct 2 doesn't seem to work in Android. I tried to add some plugins, like the inappbrowser, but nothing! 

Please help me!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Dale_S_Intel
Employee

What happens when you add an inappbrowser plugin?  Any chance you could provide a sample project that illustrates the problem?

Thanks!
Dale

0 Kudos
Amine_E_
Beginner

Dale Schouten (Intel) wrote:

What happens when you add an inappbrowser plugin?  Any chance you could provide a sample project that illustrates the problem?

Thanks!
Dale

The plugin add itself, but the browser object in the app doesn't work, it works when i test it in the web, but not with the apk.

0 Kudos
gianfranco_d_
Beginner

Me too, browser doesn't work, this is a serious problem for a mobile app, browser is essential.

I try with plugin and not but some result.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Did you enter the url you are trying to open in the whitelist of the build settings?

Also, in the future please attach a small example of code that exhibits the issue, a screenshot, something that will help us help you. "Doesnt work" doesnt really help us track down your issue.

0 Kudos
gianfranco_d_
Beginner

Thanks, the problem was in the whitelist, sorry form my mistake and thanks a lot

0 Kudos
James_F_2
Beginner

NEvermind, it works.  I added an asterik to all three and it worked.  Idont know which whitelist it worked on to launch an external URL, but i dont care. as long as it workd.

It was steafdasfatly refusing to work. SO i just added an asterik to all three whitelist. I read somewhere it's Internal whitelist, no, it's external. Actually, it's intent. so i just added an asterik to all three and it worked.

0 Kudos