Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

r200 firmware update fails when installing camera manager 2.0.3.39488

Tim_T_
Beginner

I received the R200 and am attempting to install the camera manager (Build Number: 2.0.3.39488) for it, on a Windows 8.1 Pro computer that has an i7-2760QM cpu, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 560M.

When I plug the R200 in, it shows up in Device Manager under Imaging devices, and shows the Depth, Left-Right, and USB Video devices.

Then I invoke the camera manager installer (2.0.3.39488). and the camera manager installer insists on trying to install firmware (the Next button is greyed out when it gets to that point in the install process), and fails with this message:

Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager R200 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).

Details
        Intel RealSense 3D camera firmware update failed.
            The installer failed to update the firmware of your Intel
            RealSense 3D camera.  The camera firmware may be corrupted.
            Contact your computer manufacturer for recovery instructions.
            Error code: -3

To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

Any ideas?  What can I do at this point to make progress?   I'm following the instruction "Contact your computer manufacturer for recovery instructions".

Thanks!

...Tim...

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Tim_T_
Beginner

Additional info:  It's a 64-bit version of windows 8.1 pro, and I'm using a USB 3.0 port.

...Tim...

0 Kudos
Tim_T_
Beginner

Additional information #2:

I tried to install it on a Windows 10 Pro (64bit) computer with i7-4702HQ, 16gb, Nvidia GT 750M, USB 3.0 port.

Slightly different behaviour - it gives the same general error message at the same point, but instead of an error code -3, it gives an error code -10000.

Do I have a bad R200?

...Tim...

0 Kudos
Sasha_N_1
Beginner

I'm having the same problem with 2.0.3.39488 installer.

Windows 8.1 (64bit), i7-3630QM, Nvidia GT 635M.

When I run the Camera Explorer -> SDK: Capture Viewer, I can see and play the streams, so the camera is working I think... 

Here's my installer logs.

0 Kudos
Andrew_L_2
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem. I have tried everything: removing the camera and running (error: "The installer failed to detect an Intel RealSense 3D camera", but no option to then plug in camera), restarting multiple times, all to no avail.

Should we return the R200 camera?

0 Kudos
Guido_W_
Beginner

I have the same problem as well. Please find enclosed the log files. The camera is working with the WIndows standard drivers, but the Update part i the installer failed. The log file is telling: No DS4 camera found.

Thanks for any help regarding this issue.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Could each of you please run the following command (as Admin) and send me the info returned:
     C:\DS4Install\DSROOT\Bin\FWUpdateR200.exe

0 Kudos
Konstantin_S_Intel

Hi Colleen,

End users will not have path which you are asking for, and logs already have this information, in both cases

[t146c 2015.09.28 10.48.42 00000b68] [context]: INFO: FWUPDATE: tool output:
No DS4 camera found.

Guys, can you please navigate to device manager and check what are the PID / VID for your cameras?

Right click on camera and select Properties -> Details Tab -> Hardware Ids

0 Kudos
Sasha_N_1
Beginner

I think I have 3 devices that show up in the Device Manager->Imaging Devices.

Here are the Hardware Ids:

Device: Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) RGB:

USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&REV_1476&MI_04
USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&MI_04

USB Video Device:

USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&REV_1476&MI_00
USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&MI_00

USB Video Device:

USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&REV_1476&MI_02
USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&MI_02

0 Kudos
Konstantin_S_Intel

Hi,

This looks like correct PID/VID for the camera. But "USB Video Device" is not correct name for camera nodes.

Please try uninstalling devices with name "USB Video Device" and scanning for hardware changes again.

See below how it should look like for normal camera.

R200_devices.PNG

Once you will have it with correct names, firmware update should pass.

0 Kudos
Sasha_N_1
Beginner

Yes, that worked!

Thank you! :-)

0 Kudos
Adam_G_1
Beginner

I've tried all the above but it still not going through the setup. 

Im getting this message :

Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager R200 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s)

here are my PID/VID :

Device: Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) RGB:

USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&REV_0000&MI_04
USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&MI_04

Left-Right:

USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&REV_0000&MI_00
USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&MI_00

Depth:

USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&REV_0000&MI_02
USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&MI_02

and that's how it looks in the device manager:

Untitled.png

any ideas?

thank,

Adam

0 Kudos
Lai_Y_
Beginner

HI,  I try install DCM 2.0.3.39488 in my NB( windows 10 Home, 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ),  and Hardware ID is

USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80&REV_1471
USB\VID_8086&PID_0A80

But it has the same fail.

Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager R200 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).

Details
        Intel RealSense 3D camera firmware update failed.
            The installer failed to update the firmware of your Intel
            RealSense 3D camera.  The camera firmware may be corrupted.
            Contact your computer manufacturer for recovery instructions.
            Error code: -3

To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

How can i do?

Thanks.

i

0 Kudos
Daniel_L_2
Beginner

I ran into a couple of problems getting my camera to work but I was able to resolve them and I hope this info helps. Short answer: Win10 is required; it does not work with Win7.  I initially was able to get the Device Manager to show the three RealSense icons without the warning triangle.  (I think this happened because I had initially installed the SDK rather than the driver installer and because I did not have my USB3 driver functioning when I performed the installs)  When I ran the driver installer, it did not function and gave me a -10,000 error.  (I think that was the error, I didn't record it specifically).  I then uninstalled the drivers that Windows had identified for the three RealSense devices.  The devices then showed up in the Device Manager with the yellow triangle warning icons seen in Adam's post.  I then tried to run the driver installer and received the -3 error code.  I checked the driver read-me and realized that my problem was that I was running Windows 7.  I upgraded to Win10 and the firmware upgrade and driver install then worked flawlessly.  They also are not kidding when they say that a 3rd generation processor is required.  I hope this helps.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
Tigran_N_
Beginner

Hi Tim! Do you solved this problem? Because I have the same one

0 Kudos