Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfface73
Beginner

Intel XDk Simulate port

Hi;

My local server is on port 8080

when i try the simulator in Intel XDK, it hits port 56890 as such http://localhost:56890/index.html

how can i change this port?

Also, i noticed it uses "GET" method sometimes, when my js specifically uses "POST"

i am using XDK 3491 build.

please help. Thanks in advance.

Moe

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Moe -- I've asked our Simulate tab expert to take a look.

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Moe -- are you trying to make the Simulate tab view web pages on your local server? That is not the intention behind it. Please clarify your intents.

Wolfface73
Beginner

thank you for your help Paul. i really really appreciate it .

so when i am modifying my app using Intel XDK, and i want to test my modifications locally on a local server using the simulator, I am unable to do that because of the port numbers difference. 

it is a hassle to build an APK every time i make a small change, deploy to my phone, install, and test.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I've asked one of my colleagues to take a look, I'm afraid I'm not understanding the nature of the problem. Do you have a simple sample app you can attach to this thread that would illustrate the issue?

Hi,

I have a couple of questions that could help us to better understand the problem you describe:

- Can you provide a more specific example of what you're trying to do that is not working for you?

- Which are the specific tasks you want to do but it doesn't work?

- Do you have some code snippet to share? It would be even better if you can provide some simple app to reproduce it.

- Are you having CORS issues?

The simulator statically serves the app in order to be accessible in web runtimes such us node-webkit. The simulator server starts in a random port. Do you want to serve the app in your own server?

Thanks!

Wolfface73
Beginner

Thank you for your help.

based on a colleague's advice, I installed JBoss develoepr 8 and simulated my code to both my local server and PROD with a click of a button and without any problems. 

I appreciate your help.