Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDk Simulate port

Wolfface73
Beginner

Hi;

My local server is on port 8080

when i try the simulator in Intel XDK, it hits port 56890 as such http://localhost:56890/index.html

how can i change this port?

Also, i noticed it uses "GET" method sometimes, when my js specifically uses "POST"

i am using XDK 3491 build.

please help. Thanks in advance.

Moe

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Moe -- I've asked our Simulate tab expert to take a look.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Moe -- are you trying to make the Simulate tab view web pages on your local server? That is not the intention behind it. Please clarify your intents.

0 Kudos
Wolfface73
Beginner

thank you for your help Paul. i really really appreciate it .

so when i am modifying my app using Intel XDK, and i want to test my modifications locally on a local server using the simulator, I am unable to do that because of the port numbers difference. 

it is a hassle to build an APK every time i make a small change, deploy to my phone, install, and test.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I've asked one of my colleagues to take a look, I'm afraid I'm not understanding the nature of the problem. Do you have a simple sample app you can attach to this thread that would illustrate the issue?

0 Kudos
Albertina_D_Intel

Hi,

I have a couple of questions that could help us to better understand the problem you describe:

- Can you provide a more specific example of what you're trying to do that is not working for you?

- Which are the specific tasks you want to do but it doesn't work?

- Do you have some code snippet to share? It would be even better if you can provide some simple app to reproduce it.

- Are you having CORS issues?

The simulator statically serves the app in order to be accessible in web runtimes such us node-webkit. The simulator server starts in a random port. Do you want to serve the app in your own server?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Wolfface73
Beginner

Thank you for your help.

based on a colleague's advice, I installed JBoss develoepr 8 and simulated my code to both my local server and PROD with a click of a button and without any problems. 

I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos