Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

request new license and/or serial no for Intel Fortran XE 2016 update 4

Nick_D_1
Beginner

Hi, a few of us at Romax have local licenses of Intel Fortran, and we have a license server with a couple of floating licenses. We had been using 2015 and that works fine for me but when I try to install 2016 (update 4) it says the license file is invalid (both using a local file or using the license server). Presumably this is because we need new license files for 2016? (I assume those will be backwardly compatible and work with 2015 too?) I have a copy of my local license file that I could send by email.  If you tell me what directory to look in I could also send the one from the license server.

(We're not currently using 2017 due to some issues with it)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Please provide the Serial Number of the license via private message (use Send Author a Message link). I will help you with the new license for 2016.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Nick_D_1
Beginner

Hello, it turns out someone else here has already upgraded the network license, and has managed to install XE 2016 with no problems. However, when a colleague and I try to install 2016, pointing at our network server, we get an "invalid license file" dialog. Now, we both previously attempted with a node-locked license which at the time needed upgrading so wouldn't work. My working theory is that this previous failed run of the install has left something hanging around so that a fresh install attempt is possibly still trying to use a nodeLocked instead of the license server. Any comment? Any suggestion for how to run a diagnostic and/or clean this up? The "invalid license file" message is confusing - as we're now trying to point at the license server not a file. Surely it should say "couldn't talk to license server " or something like that? This is a mystery how this works for some people and not others.

0 Kudos
Nick_D_1
Beginner

I'm trying to get round this in the following way. Have installed this with an evaluation license. Will test that everything seems to build OK. Then will try to point that at the network license using INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable. Will take some time to get everything set up.. shall see what happens...

0 Kudos
Nick_D_1
Beginner

Yup, that way seems to work.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

I have sent you a private message with a solution to the license issue. 

0 Kudos