Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

[resolved] Bad upgrade to MPSS 3.7??

CStac
Beginner
Greetings, I have three Phi hosts w/ 4x31S1P's and all three hosts have the same issue. I even wiped one of the hosts and did a fresh install to ensure that it wasn't something weird with the update itself. My OS is Red Hat 6.7 (fully updated for 6.7...we haven't made the switch to 6.8 yet as that was just released recently...but as soon as it gets through the approval process I will). My kernel is 2.6.32-573.26.1.el6.x86_64. However, this is still the Intel recommended OS/kernel version anyway. I am updating to MPSS 3.7. I am following the Intel Manycore Platform Software Stack User's Guide March 2016 that comes inside of the 3.7 tar file. I followed section 3.4 "Base Intel MPSS Installation" (starting on page 39). All of it went real smooth until 3.4.7.2 pg46 validation. $ miccheck miccheck: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted All of the RPM's are installed and I can see the libraries in /opt/mpss/3.7/sysroots/x86_64-mpsssdk-linux/usr/lib/ . If I try to force the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I get other errors like: $ miccheck miccheck: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /opt/mpss/3.7/sysroots/x86_64-mpsssdk-linux/usr/lib/libz.so.1) /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /opt/mpss/3.7/sysroots/x86_64-mpsssdk-linux/usr/lib/libpcre.so.0) I haven't updated or done anything with mpss-3.7-k1om.tar yet. I figured I should probably fix the current error first. I looked around online, but didn't see anything that jumped out at me as being relevant. Can someone give me a few pointers on where I may have gone wrong? Thank you!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JJK
New Contributor III

check your SElinux settings to see if they're not too restrictive.

Also, check the settings on the /tmp directory - it's the libz error that is worrying.

Finally, you could try posting an 'strace' of a failed miccheck run - perhaps that will shed some light where the libz mmap is failing.

0 Kudos
CStac
Beginner
BINGO! $ mount -oremount,exec /tmp/ That did the trick! Not sure why these nodes were set with noexec. I will fix that in the puppet build. Thank you SO MUCH!
0 Kudos